Diagnosis
04/2015
Country
US
State
WV
City
Sandyville
O.k., many of you know by now that I love music and I often use it to get me through tough times. One of the ways I do this, other than just listening to some of my favorite artists, is to think of a time during my youth that was very special to me. Could be 6th grade when I had my first crush, or when I started high school or my senior year, etc. Anyway, think back to one of those years that was very special and go to the internet and type in BillBoard's Top 100 from that particular year. The music helps the memories come flooding back and, for a brief time at least, you can take yourself back to a time of innocence and away from this disease!

Vince

Outstanding. I like to use the Pandora website for free, and I'm told there are others.
My laptop will plug into my stereo speakers and subwoofer, so it sounds pretty good.

I keep school scrapbooks and photos nearby to stimulate memories. Amazing how the happy memories come back.

--Mike

One of mine was from my senior year, 1982. Working with a friend on his 1969 Camaro and listening to Peter Gabriel's "Shock The Monkey" and talking about college and where we would be at 25! Man did the time fly by.

Vince

One of mine was from my senior year, 1982. Working with a friend on his 1969 Camaro and listening to Peter Gabriel's "Shock The Monkey" and talking about college and where we would be at 25! Man did the time fly by.

Vince

I think I know what you mean, Vince.

I'm amazed at how many major memories I have of the several lifetimes I seem to have lived. I was one handsome lady-killer. But every morning, I'm confused when I see some old fat guy looking at me from my mirror.

Life has treated me well and also treated me horribly. I've made and lost tiny fortunes. I've saved lives and I've made many mistakes. But all in all, it's been a helluva fun ride.

--Mike

Amen Mike. Amen.

Vince

I'm discovering new music through my kids. Some of it is awesome...MOST of it terrible.
a trip down memory lane would be good for the soul. Thanks for the idea.
Vince, you are wise beyond your years...(I finished high school 89)...I wonder how that camaro is doing...

God bless, Janelle x

Vince has the right idea. Music that brings back good memories is absolutely necessary at all times. It keeps the mind from focusing on bad feelings. --Mike

Mike, by the way, it's what's on the inside that counts...because I think you're gorgeous! Krissy was a very lucky lady.
J x

>Krissy was a very lucky lady

Ditto that!

Attachments

• 1524766_564644336958239_2008234370_n.jpg
    1524766_564644336958239_2008234370_n.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 132
..... listening to Peter Gabriel's "Shock The Monkey" and talking about college and where we would be at 25! Man did the time fly by.

Now that song brings back some great memories. Of late, I have been using Songza, but I check out Pandora. I think I graduated in 1986. I honestly can't remember, perhaps because I hated high school. Well, more so, the teachers and anyone else who represented authority. I was a handful. I only cared about playing sports. Studies were such a nuisance. LOL.

And Mike, if your profile pic is any indication as to how you look in person, all I can say is wowza! Trust me, you haven't lost it!

Cheers everyone! Cee :)

Haha. You guys are too funny. Brought a smile to my face, though. Thanks.

Today's playlist:

Boston - "More Than A Feeling"
Kansas - "Dust In The Wind"
Foreigner - "Waiting For A Girl Like You"
Alan Parsons Project - "Eye In The Sky"
Ambrosia - "How Much I Feel"
Pure Prairie League - "Amy"
Sammy Kershaw - "Third Rate Romance"
Dan Fogelberg - "Scarecrow's Dream"

Vince

Status
Not open for further replies.