Diagnosis
01/2014
Country
US
State
UT
City
taylorsville
Well......I made it to 61 years old.....who'd a ever thunk. Not very excited about it, but I should get to see my grandgirls today, thank goodness for that glimmer of sunshine!
Last Monday I decided to take the fastway downstairs to my mancave, so I fell down the stairs. Probably the worst fall I have had so far. The worst damage is a broken arm, and bone chips floating in my elbow. I feel like I got hit by a truck, internal pain and bruising ( think I may have broken a few of my lower ribs, and my kidney feels like it got smashed). It aggravated a lower back injury, so I am having a harder time walking and standing up. When I reached the bottom of the stairs, I hit my head (this prolly would have killed a normal person). I need to have my elbow drained this week because it broke a vein and is to big to absorb.
Long story shortened...............I am Fu&#@d.

Attachments

• birthdayanim.gif
    birthdayanim.gif
    115.2 KB · Views: 15,829
Happy Birthday!
But what a rotten lead in to the day! Hope you feel better very soon. And may next year's be better!

Happy Birthday! Hope you feel better soon!
Marty

Happy Birthday and enjoy the Grandgirls... they are what makes it all worthwhile.

So now you can rest for a few days and figure out how to relocate your mancave so you don't have any stairs en route. Sooner or later the stairs gotta go...

Luckily, people with ALS don't have pain...

But seriously, have a great day and enjoy the girls!

Happy Birthday Mark! What I want to know is what was waiting on you in your man-cave that made you have to take that shortcut?

Hoping your recovery is a speedy one.

Vince

happy b-day mark. hate to hear this happen to you buddy. get well and try and make what day you can of it.

Happy Birthday Mark! What I want to know is what was waiting on you in your man-cave that made you have to take that shortcut?

Hoping your recovery is a speedy one.

Vince

Nuttin....it is just my place of sanctuary. I can best describe why it happened with the illustration below...................:(

Attachments

• dr. snowy.jpg
    dr. snowy.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 318
Happy birthday Mark! Guess you're starting the year out with a big bang.
Hope you're able to enjoy those beautiful grandkids. That makes putting up with all this other bs worth it.

Happy Birthday. Get well soon and no more fast routes to your mancave.

Happy Birthday, Mark! I hope you've had a good day with the grandkids. They are so beautiful!

Ouch. I am so sorry about your fall and the injuries. Damn.

Happy Birthday Mark, sorry you had to spend it in pain!

I have heard of birthday bumps, but that usually ends when we are still kids, grow up. Seriously have a happy birthday, and stay away from your man cave. You would be amazed how much swelling the body can handle, try warm wet compresses, or a soak in an epsom salt bath, as long as you think you can do it with out drowning yourself.
Paulette

Happy Birthday Big Guy! Not the way to celebrate it though. Hope you feel better soon and I am sure your granddaughters will make it all better.

Happy birthday. I do hope you heal OK.

Big Mark, our incorrigible humorist and ALS rule breaker! Sure you will receive all the love you deserve from those lovely grandkids (and probably a few lectures from the wife- which you also deserve !). Heal well, my friend and try to find your kicks on the main floor in the future! Happy,happy birthday big guy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back