Diagnosis
04/2015
Country
US
State
WV
City
Sandyville
Taking a week-long trip with the family to the mountains of WV. Going to the Canaan Valley ski resort (beautiful in the summer) and the Doly Sods wilderness area. Over the years we've gone there a lot and hiked for days on end. Not sure how much hiking I'll be able to do but really looking forward to the beauty and quality time with family. It's my favorite place and where my ashes will eventually be scattered. Talk to you all in a week and I'll post pics when I return.

Vince

Awesome. Looking forward to the pics

I like the sound of your trip, Vince.
Have an awesome time.
God bless, Janelle x

>Talk to you all in a week and I'll post pics when I return.

gute reise!

You did your research Max :)

Can't wait to see your pictures.

Happy holidays, I was going to say happy tripping but that now means a whole new thing....
Love Gem

Have an amazing time! Looking forward to pics!

Well folks I had a close call while hiking this morning. I was stepping from one rock to another and in mid-step I heard a loud hissing sound. Looked down and right by my foot was a Timber Rattler. My sister was beside me and let out quite a scream! I managed to step back without him trying to strike. Got my heart pounding to say the least. We were at least an hour from civilization so could have been pretty bad. At the end of the day I guess it's not my time yet :)

I got a picture of him and will post when I get home.

Vince

:shock:Wow Vince...did you have a shovel handy! What a close call! I THINK I'm looking forward to the pics!
Take care.
God bless, Janelle x

Just got home. I'll post more pics under a separate post but this one's for you GreenQueen :)

Timber Rattler 06.11.15.jpg

Vince

Now that is a picture I can really admire. They are such beautiful snakes.

There is something special about seeing these wonderful creatures in the wild. I never got tired of it when I spent a lot of time exploring the backwoods of Virginia.

Of all snakes, the timber rattlesnake is one of my very favorites. You were very fortunate to hear and see it (and, of course, to avoid it).

Steve

Sorry Steve, beautiful and snake don't really go together in my vocabulary. I am with green queen on this. We have hiked a lot of remote trails in the smokies, some in arizona, and in joshua tree. Never saw a snake. May have been there but I would have had a heart attack if I had been that close to one in the wild.

Still, so glad you had a great time Vince! Can't wait to see more pics...hopefully not of snakes tho:)

Aaaawwwww Vince....I just love you! There was a lot of eeeewwing going on when we viewed the pic, but it made my day! We don't have rattle snakes so it was interesting to look at, but (sorry too, Steve) I agree with Steph, very happy seeing one in a pic...no real life for me!
Vince I can't wait to see more pics from your trip!
God bless, Janelle x

holy mackerel! that was close

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back