Diagnosis
01/2014
Country
US
State
UT
City
taylorsville
As many of you know, the biggest boxing match of all time is happening tonight. Promoters have been trying to get Pacquiao and Mayweather together for many years.
The Showtime pay per view is 100 bucks, this is double a normal championship fight price. Mayweather is guaranteed 200 million dollars, and Pacquiao is at 100 million, if Pac wins his purse will be more.
Myself and my oldest son had planned on getting the pay per view, and we are just giddy about the fight.
It turns out that my two oldest grand daughters have a dance recital tonight, and guess what........I will miss the fight tonight. The girls are very excited and nervous about their recital, so I just can't bow out and not be there to support them.
I deserve a "grampa of the year" award for this!:shock:

Attachments

• my girls.jpg
    my girls.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 212
>The girls are very excited and nervous about their recital, so I just can't bow out and not be there to support them.
I deserve a "grampa of the year" award for this!

:)

Ditto that!

Yep- those granddaughters will remember. Grandpa coming to their dance recital long after the big fight is forgotten! Good decision gramps!

Can you watch a replay mark? After all, you may $100 for 30 seconds and your granddaughters memories are forever. So glad you will see the recital

Good for you!

You are doing the right thing for sure. Good for you. They will always remember who was there. Are you buying them flowers?

onya Mark, grandparents are faced with these decisions all the time, only the good ones make the right choice :)

You are doing the right thing for sure. Good for you. They will always remember who was there. Are you buying them flowers?

yes....I will spend my pizza and beer money on flowers!

Can you watch a replay mark? After all, you may $100 for 30 seconds and your granddaughters memories are forever. So glad you will see the recital

Yea ...the replay won't be for two weeks, and knowing the results take away from the excitement?
I know I am doin the right thing, but I still feel like I am missing out:)

i want mark for my gramps :)

Mark, you are a prince!

Way to go Mark....

Attachments

• 67b4dcc9b7ccac048d79d6f2fd3ee8e5.jpg
    67b4dcc9b7ccac048d79d6f2fd3ee8e5.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 172
  • N754.jpg
    N754.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 192
Bigmark, my kids go to a catholic school and my dad went to grandparents day where he had to sit through "a prayer". I think after reading your story I will strip him of his medal! The things Pop does for my kids I don't think he ever did for us! I feel your pain. Being an (ex) dancer I would have LOVED if at least one of my pops had showed enough interest to come to at least one dance concert...
God bless...and enjoy!
Janelle x

Mark you brought tears to my eyes. You don't know how much I wanted my parents to come to my concerts, but they found it boring. They have not even attended even one of their 13 grandchildren's graduations. Tim and I go to friends kids games and recitals and we both know how it makes them feel loved.(no grandkids to spoil) My mother often complains that none of her grandkids visit her, hmmmmmm....... can't figure that one out.

One day years ago, I was up at 6am ironing my uniform when I noticed my grouchy neighbour across the street, slinking around his house with his back pressed against the building. Of course that caught my attention, so I watched and in a couple of minutes I realized he was playing hide and go seek with his grandkids. When they caught him there were big hugs and lots of laughter. I always knew he wasn't really as crusty as he tried to make out to every one.

You are saving up treasures in heaven. You are a truly special grandpa.

Paulette

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back