Diagnosis
5/2014
Country
US
State
FL
City
Tampa
My son got a team started in support of his dad. Steve's brother's and sister's families came from out of state. His mom made it too, IMG954300-6.jpg

That's awesome!

LOVE the shirts :)

They were supposed to be a superman shirt but Julien, my son, calls Steve the squasher, so that's what they stood for! We had a nice day and it was great to see a lot a lot.of family. It really helps the morale!

Steph, glad you both are feeling supported! So important to keep you going! Hugs. Donna

Thanks Donna,

Hi Steph! do you feel you get a lot of support from the ALSA FL? I cant really say that I do--don't even know who my rep is now and know that I have a new one but have never heard from her. I have gotten very little support or assistance from them in all these years. we did a couple of walks in Orlando, but I will not do it again. that is the only call I have gotten from them in at least 2 years--are you going to walk? I use to call and beg for help when he was first diagnosed but now I just don't give a c-pap about them.

Not so much Barbie. They have lent us wheelchairs and that is about it. We did the walk because Julien wanted to try and help his dad somehow.

Steph, you are raising a fine young man that you can both be proud of. Yes, good things do come out of bad- and Julian's empathy is one of them. Congrats!

yes that is why we did the walk too! my kids were all about it--of course mom did all the fundraising and emailing! but they showed up, got their shirts and felt good! we had fun, but like I said, won't do it again.

Yeah same here Barbie! Service has been very slow unless they need or want something. We have been waiting 2 months for them to pick up the wheelchairs they lent us. If I knew where to drop them off I would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back