Diagnosis
05/2013
Country
OZ
State
AU
City
lala land
I good friend raced out here this afternoon as I have a gorgeous mum and joey here that i spotted this morning.

He got some great shots and it was around sunset so I'm impressed. I should have taken a shot of the stand of trees (must do that tomorrow) which would give some perspective to how hard it can be to get these shots, especially with a fair wind blowing.

Attachments

• mamma_cuddle2.JPG
    mamma_cuddle2.JPG
    639.7 KB · Views: 323
  • mamma_cuddle3.JPG
    mamma_cuddle3.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 305
  • mamma_cuddle4.JPG
    mamma_cuddle4.JPG
    821.5 KB · Views: 298
  • mamma_cuddle5.JPG
    mamma_cuddle5.JPG
    888.1 KB · Views: 299
Amazing Tillie. Thanks for sharing

Love mummy and baby pics....thanks Tillie
Love Gem

Amazing pictures Tillie. Showed them to Grumpy and he loved them. Going back to Australia was on his bucket list. He has a friend that he met in Perth. They still keep in touch and it was 1982 when they met. He said to tell you if he could do the flight you would have a visitor!

Glad to share if they bring a smile to anyone's face for a moment :)

I've got so many koala photos, and I take photos and video of them all the time. My photography skills aren't terrific, and it's hard to get good shots of them as they are often quite a distance away and the light can be poor amongst the trees.

Grumpy and you would be more than welcome of course!

>I good friend raced out here this afternoon as I have a gorgeous mum and joey here that i spotted this morning.

terrific! thanks :)

here, have a cookie!

Attachments

• 5C0027L.JPG
    5C0027L.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 245
  • 5C0001L.JPG
    5C0001L.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 262
ooooh koalas and Tim Tams, aussie heaven!

I started volunteering last weekend at the Koala Care Centre where they care for sick and injured koalas. I'll be doing a shift every Saturday afternoon. This weekend the temperature is predicted to be 41 (nearly 106 F), so I think I'll be hosing myself down as I work to stop from melting away. It will be very humid too.

Wonderful pictures! Thanks for taking the time to share them with us...

Jim

After the awful fire in 2009:

Attachments

• samKoala.jpg
    samKoala.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 158
much cuter than the bears in my backyard...

Attachments

• bear119Sep10.jpg
    bear119Sep10.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 321
>much cuter than the bears in my backyard...

yup, ours too -- used to drive the dogs nuts when he would come to try to get the feeders :)

yup, ours too -- used to drive the dogs nuts when he would come to try to get the feeders

Attachments

• DSC_0976-2.jpg
    DSC_0976-2.jpg
    385.8 KB · Views: 251
  • DSC_0524-2.jpg
    DSC_0524-2.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 248
  • DSC_0366-2.jpg
    DSC_0366-2.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 263
I didn't see the bear (I did see the alien) but you had those wild 'batman' squirrels!

>I didn't see the bear

neither did we -- our neighbors across the ridge saw him once, but we only saw the prints and downed feeders - he would climb up on the table, balance on the railing, and bat at the feeders unless I slid them up toward the tree. I think I would havfe gotten him on video if the fire hadn't gotten us first (the High Park is the one that got us), 6/2012.

Tillie, thought of you today. My son told me that we could get a wallaroo. He said they are legal and we could even get clothes for them. He wants one so he could teach it to box like the kangaroos. I have no idea where this came from. People in the states have such a fascination for koalas and kangaroos. Funny, I don't ever hear of people wanting to see the brown snakes. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back