08/2013
Country
US
State
Texas
City
Pinehurst
>Finding something good or to be grateful for once a day

so for the last three days, I have been in a deep ALS funk - no good reason why.

So as of today, I will try to come here once a day and come up with something/anything I can be thankful for or grateful for, big or small ... starting with:

I am grateful that I have time to prepare those around me.

Great idea Max. I am grateful for my sister. She is always there to listen and lend support. Best of all she will come to visit Thanksgiving week!

I am grateful that I can still wipe my own butt and brush my teeth with the same hand:)

Max is correct about "ALS FUNK"......it is like a rollercoaster ride, one day you are thankful for what you have left, and the next everything including you attitude turns to sh!t!

I am grateful for this forum and it's members. I learned more here during our ALS battle then from any Dr or book, plus your still here.. where as the ALS society cut me loose the minute Hayden passed. Very disappointing. .thank you all for everything xo

I have been a funk, too. Maybe I will write a song about ALS Funk.

I've been married for a long time and have a great husband and great kids - I wouldn't make it without them. So thankful!

Funk here, too. Maybe we all need a dose of that Fukitol that Dalvin was recommending.

I'm grateful to have spent the morning at the zoo with my daughter and sweet grandson.

This is a good idea. It's just too easy to get caught up in the negative. I'm grateful for the gorgeous view from my back deck. The lake is lovely no matter the weather.

>Funk here, too. Maybe we all need a dose of that Fukitol that Dalvin was recommending.

that got a full LOL :)

Received my first bottle of Neudextra today. Hope it helps with the crying and swallowing. How long 'til I see effects?

> How long 'til I see effects?

listening loudly :)

I love this idea...time really is a blessing.

I am grateful that I can still wipe my own butt and brush my teeth with the same hand

Ditto that!

Janie

I'm always surprised and grateful when I wake up still breathing. Think I'm doing most of my breathing with what's left of my stomach muscles

I have been in a als funk also/ I am so very greatful for my husband who does everything he can for me

I'm grateful for my ALS family, every single day!

Mark I hope you can add that you can also wash that same hand in between activities ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back