01/2007
Country
US
State
FL
City
orlando
not the forum--me!

I have pics on my iphone and I emailed them to myself and saved them on my desktop. then I was going put then on the wheelchair thread--but I cant seem to get it. what am I doing wrong? I don't where to get the URL of the photo...I think I am making this harder on my self

:oops:

>but I cant seem to get it. what am I doing wrong? I don't where to get the URL of the photo...I think I am making this harder on my self

1. put them in a folder, say 4ALSForum or iPhonePics, for neatness. then go to the thread, Go Advanced, go down to Manage Attachments, Choose File ... don't forget to Upload Files, then submit post ...

>I have pics on my iphone and I emailed them to myself a

you can also just sync with iCloud, Dropbox, etc. :)

I will describe how I post pics....click on the paperclip icon-that brings up a "browse page"-click browse-then select pictures click on that . Then look for the pic you want click on it and select open.... it will display the url code..click upload and wallahh-it should work, if you have another pic just repeat the process.

>click on the paperclip icon-that brings up a "browse page"

Okay Mark idea of where is the paperclip icon?

ok-- this is a test...

I was clicking on the little piture icon and you can paste in a url there--but I didn't have one.

thisis a picture of me, my son and daughter in law on my trip to Nola

Attachments

• IMG_1236.JPG
    IMG_1236.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 141
holy mackerel! Max I love you

Love the pic! Your son looks so much like your husband ☺️

Trina

now max, explain sync with icloud or drop box...

>now max, explain sync with icloud or drop box...

Okay, trying with voice dictation as my right hand is not working right now :)

A simple way to start is to go to the dropbox.com, download their stuff, and then you will have a dropbox.

You can put stuff in it, files pictures yada yada yada, and share them between your own computers, tablets, and smartphones very easily. Keep your account information to your self. Unless you're like me, where I share that account information with my whole family, so that they have access to my whole dropbox on the time.

After you put something in your dropbox, say in a folder called "sharedStuff"(or what ever), you can share that whole folder, or individual stuff you put into. All you have to do is open up dropbox.com, which will point to your stuff,choose the link or right click on the icon and choose link, the link will automatically go to your cut and paste buffer so you can paste the link into an email, forum message, or what ever.there is a bunch of other stuff you can do with these cloud services – – too many to a enumerate now.

Start slow: get yourself a dropbox, put something simple and and share it. Until you become comfortable with cloud services, don't put confidential or private information into it. There are a multitude of security considerations, but in 99% of the typical user needs they are so important..

If you have problems, call me 970-691-4640 or Sandy at 970-691-4641 and will help you work it through. There are lots of cloud services out there and available, some offering as much as 1 TB of storage. More on that later.

Hope this helps :)

>holy mackerel! Max I love you

that's what they tell all of us techies :)

holy mackerel! Max I love you

...what....what about me Barbie?
Max the paper clip icon is directly to the right of the white smiley face....duehhh..

Love you Too Big mark!

another thing, if you use the Dropbox on all of your devices it will automatically upload your pictures and videos to your PC-based Dropbox. This Way, If Any of the Shoots a Picture or Video, Bingo It Shows up in the dropbox automatically. Of course for videos, it's best to upload them to YouTube because our forum seems to like them best…

Also as an aside I just bought Microsoft office 2013 for $9.99 a month which can be used on up to five PCs and five mobile devices for each PC, and now includes 1TB of cloud storage.add two dollars per month per machine especially including the mobile devices is a pretty cheap way to have full office capabilities…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back