Diagnosis
07/2012
Country
CA
State
B.C.
City
Salmon Arm
What does it mean that my tokens have expired? I am able to post some times but not others. Also I am noticing that the pages are not current when they are loading at times.

Paulette

Tokens? Is this in an error message or something? NO idea! Can you maybe post a screen shot? The other issue is a glitch David is looking into. Try refreshing the page. Big nuisance for all extra burden for the more advanced PALS

There are all sorts of problems with this server. Yesterday I was logged in, clicked on a thread, went there, clicked on first unread, got a message that said I wasn't logged in and was authorized to read it

i am getting the token message too! this is so frustrating! everything seemed to be running smoothly until just a couple of days ago.

I have gotten it too but I just reload the page and it seems ok then. Caro (Jayne) has not been able to log in. I hope they fix it soon.

Hi, Paulette --

>What does it mean that my tokens have expired? I am able to post some times but not others. Also I am noticing that the pages are not current when they are loading at times.

right now it is prudent to cntr-a/cntr-c anything you are going to post in case the forum's token expires. even better, write your posts in notepad and then copy/paste them in your target forum msg. that way you have a running history of your posts and insurance when the vps/cms goes wacko :)

No tokens for me...what I keep finding is the server won't update current posts! I have made a few posts that did not show up until the following day. It intermittently starts jumping, and refreshing sometimes and you can't send or read posts.
Glass half full thinking: it gives us sumpin to ***** about, other than our collective gimpyness.
:)

> I have made a few posts that did not show up until the following day. It intermittently starts jumping, and refreshing sometimes and you can't send or read posts

case one: hit the refresh, case two: hammer the 'x' to stop page loading, then refresh ...

> I have made a few posts that did not show up until the following day. It intermittently starts jumping, and refreshing sometimes and you can't send or read posts

case one: hit the refresh, case two: hammer the 'x' to stop page loading, then refresh ...

...been there dun that.....if its jumping, ain't nuttin that works ....and it becomes time to play elsewhere!

Does David (the administrator or whatever his title is) check on these problems or is that something out of his control?

>and it becomes time to play elsewhere!

now, now Mark ... try Opera, FF, Safari, or (puke) IE -- Opera may be your best bet -- Norwegian of course :)

fyi:

F5 or Ctrl+R Reloads your current page.
Esc Stops the loading of your current page.

Mark, I've found on mine for case 1 if I click on the dialogue box and then click refresh the posts appear. Someone else on here mentioned that andI tried it, seems to work for now

lets hope it all gets worked out...I can't remember all these work arounds!

Yup I discovered to copy in case I have to paste on a long post. It only took 3 times losing an exceptionally brilliant response, to figure that out and by the time I wrote the last one that I did copy it wasn't nearly as exceptional or brilliant.

I have discovered to click on the little arrow beside the last poster on a thread and I get the newer updated thread, not the last one that I saw yesterday.

As a matter of fact I just made use of the copy and paste for this post. Alas I am not feeling very brilliant tonight.

Paulette

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back