Diagnosis
08/2013
Country
Uk
State
East Midlands
City
lowestoft
Hi folks...i know i haven't been on the site much...nothing against anyone, just my way of dealing/ignoring with my diagnosis..Went to see Dr Dick,,,(snigger) yesterday for my 2nd opinion...he is leaning away from mnd as lack of umn signs, and is thinking maybe mmn..:)spinal tap and ivig to follow..The first dr did mention this a year ago and then never mentioned it again..

Oh praying this is so! Keep us posted!

Oh Pete that would be great. Well if it has to be something. I still pray and hope with all my fingers and toes crossed. Please let us know how it all shakes out.

Thank you..I shall.xx...I really wish he had done this in the first instance ..

better late than never. Never give up hope.

>better late than never. Never give up hope.

and go for three opinions with mnd neuros!

I've got everything crossed for you Pete!

thanks for letting us know, don't forget to keep us updated

Hi Pete,good to hear from you.
That's great news,so happy for you.
Please keep us updated.

Oh Pete, what a gift that would be...keep us posted!

"IgM anti-GM1 antibodies occur with increased frequency in the serum of patients with multifocal motor neuropathy (MMN)."

If you haven't had the IgM anti-GM1 antibodies blood test, I would suggest you talk to your neuro about it. It takes about 1-2 weeks to get the results back, but is usually pretty indicative of whether MMN is in the ballgame. Hopin' it's MMN. Good luck!

Dusty I'm sure i had that blood test months ago, and the spread of twitching..still makes me wonder..but yes a glimmer of hope of mmn..Having a big bbq and party on saturday for my 39th.....a year early i know...but while i still can hold a pint properly..:)

I'll raise a pint to you Pete! Happy birthday to you....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back