Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
IL
City
SMALL TOWN IN
I don't think on a support forum that suicide should be brought up period. Glad to see Nicki closed it but it looks like everyone is pointing the finger at me. Gee thanks everyone!

>I don't think on a support forum that suicide should be brought up period

well Kim I've thought about this one, and I'm not sure that this topic, at least under another name,since at least from my point of view at some point we are more being kept alive more than living .... For me I call it my exit strategy. Not that I have one yet :)

Chin up old girl :wink::smile:

Skipper,
I'm afraid I disagree with you. While I couldn't care less if the thread was shut down and who was responsible for that, I see absolutely no problem with folks chatting about suicide. If I recall, the question had to do with insurance benefits and suicide; valid question.
Last I checked (and I hope I missed something!) this is a terminal illness. If someone wants to opt out of the long, drawn out version for an exit of their own choosing, who are we to say it's right or wrong. And that's for doing it, so I think talking about it ought not to be a non-issue.
We talk about bowel movements (and creative ways to assist them), mucus, incontinence, EL, FTD and myriad other physical and emotional sad realities... why preclude a discussion about suicide?
Okay, I'll slink back into my corner now and continue drinking copious quantities of beer and wine.

>I'm afraid I disagree with you. ... If I recall, the question had to do with insurance benefits and suicide; valid question.... why preclude a discussion about suicide? Okay, I'll slink back into my corner now and continue drinking copious quantities of beer and wine.

Kim, we all respect your beliefs. period. However Jeff brings up some important issues ... what happens when I swill to much of my $5/bottle Pinot Grigio and drive my $46k M300 in the pool? Note I still haven't driven it outside yet. Insurance payouts and VA mtg insurance are integral parts of my long-term planning for Sandy. At my rate of progression, I will be disabled by Aug/Sept -- I HAVE to buy a house (ANY HOUSE) to have that mtg asset for Sandy -- and guess what -- lenders do NOT give mtgs to those on disability! Another inconvenient law :-(. usw.

FWIW, so now I'll slink back into my corner now and continue drinking copious quantities of good Colorado beer and cheap wine ...

Brother Tom, but it runs in the family ...

Attachments

• Copy of IMG_0418.png
    Copy of IMG_0418.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 297
skipper I hope no one has said anything to you. you are entitled to your opinions as much as anyone. I thought that Nikki shut it down because she didn't want it to become an argument--as you simply pointed out some people base their feelings on suicide completely on their religious beliefs. Religion (and politics) tend to inflame folks.

I thought it was a good topic and didn't really think anything was out of control in the thread, but such a controversial subject can get out of control quickly.

How a pals decides to go out is a personal decision, and this forum is for them to talk with peers about the decisions related to their disease.While I don't agree with you, I respect you opinion.

:)

I agree with Barbie. Sometimes weighing your options takes some of the weight off. And Skipper...you just brought it up lol

Skipper, I am Catholic, so that there tells you my opinion. having said that....talking about it is healthy, specaily under these circumstances! There is are lot of grey areas that PALS and CALS find themselves trying to sort, and that's ok. This is one of the things this forum is for, letting us all know we are not alone with the monster and the feelings it brings.

>Originally Posted by skipper66 View Post
....but it looks like everyone is pointing the finger at me. Gee thanks everyone!
no no no! your opinion is valued!

ditto that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back