Some bad news - sleep apnea

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, not to sound too cynical, but I doubt I will die of stroke or cancer -- that's not a challenge :)

The wife says to put sunscreen on.
What the hell for? I'm not gonna die from skin cancer!
Oh, and blend me up another one of them bacon smoothies!
ALS makes everything else look like a cake walk.
Mmmmm, cake... blend me up some of that too!

Have to agree with Maz and Cgars, compared to ALS, death by stroke or cancer seems almost like a kindness, at least their pretty quick

>blend me up some of that too!

Hah! Casey, a bacon smoothie sounds better and better :)

>death by stroke or cancer seems almost like a kindness, at least their pretty quick

Dalvin, we are on the same page ...

Have to agree with Maz and Cgars, compared to ALS, death by stroke or cancer seems almost like a kindness, at least their pretty quick

Stroke, heart attack, yes, but cancer is not quick or painless or a remotely easy way to go. And it often involves surgery, chemotherapy and radiation followed by months or years of recurrences before you die. Not my preference at all.

>Stroke, heart attack, yes, but cancer is not quick or painless or a remotely easy way to go. And it often involves surgery, chemotherapy and radiation followed by months or years of recurrences before you die. Not my preference at all

Hi, Diane --

you are, of course, right. I spoke quickly and glibly ... none are 'good' -- not stroke, MCI, or C.

Come to think of it, they all suck. I would much rather being healthy. Oh well, the lessons we learn :).

They all suck indeed.
I refer to my personal experience, where after my als diagnosed, I learned I had previously had 2 strokes.
The strokes didn't seem all that concerning to me seeing as I already had a terminal diagnosed.
Cheers,
Cheers,
Casey

I'll take heart failure while sleeping. Stroke is no better than my present problems. Cancer --- no, no. no --please God~

>I'll take heart failure while sleeping.

We could start a whole new thread on "The best way to die" -- only on an ALS forum :) ...

Young man commented that he wanted to die peacefully in his sleep like his Granny. Not screaming like the passengers in her car.

Sorry couldn't help it.

From what I've read, nurses familiar with hospice give you morphine, you doze off and peacefully die.

>From what I've read, nurses familiar with hospice give you morphine, you doze off and peacefully die

see part 3 of the ABCs of ALS on YouTube ...

I still plan on living long enough to see the cure for MND!

Amen,Casey! It is coming. If only we can all hang in there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back