Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
IL
City
SMALL TOWN IN
I am logged in but have been getting tons of advertising lately on my screen. Anybody, else having this problem. Skipper

I haven't had any, but some other folks reported that same thing a few weeks ago.

And the speculation was that it was caused by your own browser hijacked by malware. Can you check on that? No one ever shared the resolution that at least I saw.

I always have ads. They typically appear on the first post, and several scattered throughout a thread. I assume it's because I haven't paid for the "increased forum availability" or had a large number of posts myself? The annoying part is they break up a person's post (ad is in the middle of text).

The forum is free!
The ads are based on your personal search history.
You can clear your browser, and download a free program called malware bytes.
Casey

I always have ads. They typically appear on the first post, and several scattered throughout a thread. I assume it's because I haven't paid for the "increased forum availability" or had a large number of posts myself? The annoying part is they break up a person's post (ad is in the middle of text).

I really don't think it's from the forum website. I've never seen these ads, and Skipper has me beat on posts.

Do you only see them on this site?

Yes, Brian, only on this site. I'm not all that computer literate so I'll look into the malware that Casey suggested. Thank you!

I'm not getting them anymore. So, I don't know what was going on.

which are you using IE, FF, Chrome, Opera, or the Apple one? Most all have ad blockkers. I use IE for HP work, FF for most personal stuffI want to sync across some devices, Chrome for my ALS forums & research because I sync itt with my wife and all devices. Opera is the most powerful for development and research, and, of course Safari because it's Apple for the iPADs.

FWIW, I am designing an ALS app for Google Glass when I am not working or wasting time shooting dogs :). Browser security is an important design issue.

Max

I have not seen what you describe. I have only seen the posts on the forum.

Rick

The forum is free!
The ads are based on your personal search history.
You can clear your browser, and download a free program called malware bytes.
Casey

I have had the ads since day1......and have the expensive version of Malware-Bytes on my PC. I really don't like them because they break up the posts. So I guess what I am saying is that they SUCK!
rant over

Do you see any suspicious add-ons or search providers in your browser? If it really only shows up on this website but not any others, probably time to PM David our webmaster about it.

sorry but I have just one word to say here

APPLE

FWIW, I am designing an ALS app for Google Glass

Max

This sounds exciting, Max! I am always impressed with people who have minds that can create stuff like this. Please keep us posted on your progress.

>This sounds exciting, Max! I am always impressed with people who have minds that can create stuff like this. Please keep us posted on your progress.

Will do. I have just ordered two FrogPad2's to test with, as well. We shall see ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back