Diagnosis
12/2018
Country
US
State
NC
City
Get Real
Just this morning on our local TV Morning Show they had a segment about doctors Googling patients. Many for purposes of (possible- end result - compensation) related appointments. It was also said the practice is growing and becoming another task of their nurses. So, if any new DIHALS'ers have pictures of themselves on Facebook playing tennis, softball, stories of hiking, running in a marathon, run 5 miles a day, lift weights at the gym and then going in and telling the Doc you can barely make it through a day at the office, climb a flight of stairs, get out of a chair...the gig may (already) be up. :) I've posted before I believe (my opinion) some Neuros read these Forums too. They're invited to join. They Google doctors so why not doctors Google them too?

If not a "gig" he may really know where their "twitches" are coming from.

Last edited:
Thanks for this.... I needed a good giggle

I hope you are right, I need a second opinion and I am in Southwestern Oh if any ALS/MND doc is out there looking, just PM me...

I know, ridiculous right? But seriously, I do need another doc, I have been trying to get a diagnosis for 18 months now and all I have is a "tentative" diagnosis of MND and "we think you may be in the first stages of ALS" and "come back in 3-6 months for more testing". I just want to know something for certain dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back