Diagnosis
03/2012
Country
US
State
MO
City
aaaa
Do you do anything special for the premiere of Downton Abbey?

My husband and middle son are hooked on it too. Everyone knows to leave me alone while it is on. I will have a cup of tea and be glued to the tv.

I know some have parties and dress up.

I heard that this season is not as good as the last ones. I love watching it too!

You should watch Boardwalk empire too...that is the same time period, but in Atlantic City NJ. very different kind of folks...

What channel is it on? I have seen previews of Downton but I am really excited.

Boardwalk is on one of the premium cable channels--I don't know which one. I think it has been on for 3 or 4 seasons, and is about the gangsters and bootleggers in the 1920s in Jersey.

I am disappointed that the witchy lady's maid is going to be gone this season. and was really shocked when the other guy died at the end of the last season. His wife was already so up tight and mad all the time...

sorry, I can't remember any of their names....

Yes I will miss O'Brian, but they replaced her with another that may be even worse. I was sad when Matthew died last season and I think his wife Lady Mary is a snob and self centered. I love how the Dowager (sp) is so sneaky in getting her way and how they can be so rude to each other so politely.

I love this show. We only have basic cable. :sad: My husband is a "Game of Thrones" addict, we buy the dvd season when it comes out. He read the books and loved them. Maybe we will look for the dvds of Boardwalk.

I think you forget that this is a forum for terminally ill people or maybe you just don't care since you do not have ALS. I would think you could find more enjoyment on facebook. Just saying...

Teach me, my Lord, to be sweet and gentle in all the events of my life, in disappointments,
in the thoughtlessness of others, in the insincerity of those I trusted,
in the unfaithfulness of those on whom I relied.

Let me forget myself so that I may enjoy the happiness of others. Let me always hide my little pains and heartaches so that I may be the only one to suffer from them.
Teach me to profit by the suffering that comes across my path. Let me so use it that it may mellow me, not harden or embitter me; that it may make me patient, not irritable; that it may make me broad in my forgiveness, not narrow or proud or overbearing.

May no one be less good for having come within my influence; no one less pure, less true, less kind, less noble, for having been a fellow traveler with me on our journey towards eternal life. As I meet with one cross after another, let me whisper a word of love to You.
May my life be lived in the supernatural, full of power for good, and strong in its purpose of sanctity.
Amen.

I am sure it does seem a little harsh talking about simple things such as TV when people are afraid and ill. A lot of people do meet friends here though, and I have noticed that the more normality you keep in your PALS life, the larger their world stays.
You are right and wrong though. Right - we don't have ALS, Wrong - we don't care.
Mary

@Mary, I was referring to the OP, not CALS. It rubs me & other PALS the wrong way when we continually read the OP's posts about scraping & repainting her house, camping trips & her happy go lucky life. It's like a slap in the face to PALS.

not worth it, the thread is ruined. Please close it. Thank you.

I think if you could spend one hour in the body of a PALS, you wouldn't even think of posting the things that you can do & still enjoy.
You really have no clue or as I said before, you don't care.
So sorry that you feel I ruined your thread. How selfish of me.

I want to thank you Txgirl, I was simply talking about a tv show I truly enjoy just as I talk about the things I enjoy doing. You almost did it, I was ready to stop, but that made me incredibly sad. Thank you, I am not going to stop doing what I enjoy, what I love. Others here talk about what they love and what they do.

I am very sorry about your illness and I would not want to walk in your shoes, not because of the illness but because of the incredible sadness and anger you carry. That is a burden I would not want. I have my own illness to contend with and I would not want anyone to walk in my shoes. But I have chosen to not live in anger and bitterness. It is what it is and I will work around it, over it, under it and through it and still try and find joy.

This is the only response you will get out of me. You can be as mean, rude and condescending as you choose. I will over look it, I choose joy and happiness for as long as I live. I refuse to let you cause me any pain. So go ahead and post away if it makes you feel better. I will pray for you just as I pray for others. May God bless you and give you peace.

Now back to Downton Abbey. I am eagerly looking forward to next weeks episode. I want Edith to find love.

Agreed VICKI so much!

I am a PALS. Just introduced to the series and love it.

My family got me seasons 1,2 and 3 on dvd, so all caught up. I will probably get season 4 on dvd once the season is over so I can watch when ever I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back