03/2012
Country
US
State
MO
City
aaaa
Hi all

I am thankful for everyday, family, friends and the things I can still do. I pray for all here, for a cure, for love, peace and that I can continue to do the things I love for the ones I love.

Blessings to all.

Hi all

I am thankful for everyday, family, friends and the things I can still do. I pray for all here, for a cure, for love, peace and that I can continue to do the things I love for the ones I love.

Blessings to all.

I realize that you do not have ALS and you should be especially thankful for that fact.
I am glad that you can still do for the ones you love.

This will be the first year that I am unable to prepare a Thanksgiving meal for my loved ones as I can’t even feed myself.
Anyone that is not affected by ALS has so much to be thankful for.

Father, help us to be slow to speak, quick to listen,
and eager to give the benefit of the doubt to others.
We often jump to conclusions that are erroneous due to our own preconceived ideas
or based on past experiences. Give each of us an understanding heart,
a forgiving attitude, and a discerning spirit as we relate to those who intersect our paths from day to day.
In the name of Jesus we pray, amen.

I am thankful that I can still eat, walk and talk(not too well) thankful for my family who loves me and takes care of me. Thankful that there is a God who takes care of us all.

I am thankful that I am physically capable to care for my husband at home, and see his smiling face daily. I am thankful that he is such an amazing example of what trusting God can do in one's life, when I watch the way that Tim approaches every new obstacle in his life. I know that he has touch others in a way that no other can. He is the bravest and most honorable man I have ever known, and I have the privalege of having him in my life.

I'm thankful that I am able to care for my husband, and for every one of my friends that gives me support. It's an enormously hard road for both CALS and PALS, in different ways, with some overlap of those difficulties.

I think that finding every single thing we can to be thankful for is something we should all practice even when we don't feel like it, so thanks for bringing this up Vicki.

I'm actually thankful for so many things, that I should make a list for myself I think, just to remind myself that the list is probably longer than I may think it is.

I am a person who needs to be thankful for all the blessings I got. I am one who thinks too much of the negative things. But, I'm working on it. lol
I am thankful for all the support I get on the forum. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you and your families. Kim

Dear Txgirl,
I am beyond sorry for all you have been going through and can't possibly understand what it is like. But, I can assure you this that we all experience alot of struggles and heartaches in our life. I myself have my own illness which is not a physical one but more a emotional one. Would I want to trade my disease with someone with ALS? Definitely not but I have experienced tremendous pain in my life. But, we have to be grateful for the things we do have such as family and friends and for a God who will see us through all this turmoil. I pray for you and everyone on this forum.

What a beautiful thread...I am thankful for a loving family and friends.
May I be a light to them today....

What a wonderful bunch of thankful expressions. I am for ever thankful and mindful that we do not live in a world
of the living looking forward to death. We are in a dying world looking forward towards life.
We may have come to America in different ships, but we are all in the same boat now. This venue provides a way
of sharing our struggles and our victories. Keep focused my brothers and sisters, you are all so special, even when
it doesn't seem like it. :)

Happy Thanksgiving to you all,

Gentleman Jim

I am thankful that as of 7:15 this morning ( Thanksgiving Day) my wife Margaret is now running, laughing, talking, singing, and dancing in heaven.

Her soul left her paralyzed body this morning for heaven.

"Ain't no crying there, I'm going to see the KING "

bowser/Franklin

God Bless you Franklin, I hope my family looks at it that way when my time comes, Margaret was a lucky woman, I sure she is happy now.

Bowser/franklin,

I am saddened by your news - but soothed by your belief that your Margaret is able to do all those things ALS took from her in this life.

She was well loved. I wish you courage in the days ahead.

Bowser/Franklin,
I am saddened to by the loss of your wife. But, I too belief that your wife will be completely healthy in heaven. Sending you a hug! Kim

Oh Franklin,

I am so sorry for your loss. I am praying for comfort for you. You were loving and dedicated to your wife. I wish you peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back