Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
IL
City
SMALL TOWN IN
I am not a very political person but I was wondering if there is anything I could do to help lobby for better resources to help with the care of PALS or to even help raise awareness about in and other related disease on here. It breaks my heart that there is nothing I can do to help out. Just saying "I'm praying for you. Doesn't seem enough at times. " Any other suggestion on how I could help or even be more supportive? Kim

I've thought the same thing. What can I do. What can anyone do.......
Since my husband played Santa at our local mall, I was thinking about calling our newspaper to see if they were interested in doing a story on him. ALS can even effect Santa. I want to bring awareness to people about this terrible disease. What do y'all think?(Yes I'm from the south)

That is awesome that you all want to help. Start by contacting your local ALS association to see if they can get you going. Every May ALSA has a meeting in Washington the week of ALS Advocacy Day which is in the first part of May. There is the conference but they also help you lobby your Congresspeople. As you know there is plenty that needs doing. There may be independent organizations in your area as well.
Good luck and thank you!

Both those Ideas are very good! Also you could get involved in the Treat us now group that Sharon was in--

My daughter's sorority has created shirts to sell that say ALS Awareness. So far the information has gone out to all the Theta chapters nationwide, my workplace, both of my sisters'a workplaces, and six churches. The first day word went out 300 shirts were sold. The money raised is being donated to ALS research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back