Diagnosis
12/2018
Country
US
State
NC
City
Get Real
Not really sure where to post this question... things are getting a little testy in the Forums above. Here goes... I take 60mg of baclofen a day (20-20-20) when I wake up in the morning my legs are as stiff as planks and I have a headache. I take my Baclofen as soon as I get up. The headache goes away, the legs loosen up. If I should miss my mid-day dose I start getting a headache... like a built in alarm. Baclofen is a muscle relaxant (I know some think I must have a muscle for a brain :wink:) but why the headache relief? Is this a typical for Baclofen?

have they done a lung function test. if your diaphram is week or spastic you may not be getting enough oxygen. the baclofen would be relaxing this allowing you to breath easier. i use a trilogy bipap at night and it helps

Yes, my pulmonary doctor has written my breathing difficulties are neuromuscular related.
I see him again next week and my neuro doctor 1st of December. I sleep now pretty much sitting up (3 pillows and the head of the bed is on 6" blocks.)

Dalvin... thanks for the reply. It makes sense. Recently when I was in the hospital they put me on a BPAP machine... my wife said I slept the best I have in a long time. I am not one to ask my doctors a lot of questions. I have no idea what my last EMG said in detail like some post on the forums. Next pulmonary appointment I am going to ask several questions. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back