johnnyliverpool1

Distinguished member
Country
uk
State
moved back to blighty
City
britain
........have gone....to cold for em now, boo hoo.....

You are still a mess, Johnny.

What else is there for you to watch when it's cold?

BTW .....it's getting cool here too. Only 88 degrees.

they've headed south
take flight yourself. Johnny
warmer climes are calling

Where do bees go on holiday?
Stingapore! :shock:

Last edited:
its too hot here im in ohio and its 106 with the heat index i sure wish it would cool down ugh!

thanks for sharing my sorrow at my absent bumbles...... i am left to follow the life and times of snails and slugs.......have to mention my recently planted utilis var jacquemontii...put on 600 mm in 10 weeks.....i will spend winter protecting this beuaty from those slimy things......johnny

Natural ways to repel snails/slugs

1. crushed egg shells. Slugs will not crawl across them. Also, the eggshells provide the mineral benefit of calcium, wash them and let them dry and crush them in food processor.

2. Sandpaper: Just as with egg shells and diatomaceous earth, rough sandpaper is too painful for the slugs to cross

3. Copper tubing or flashing. Copper reacts with the slime that they are covered in and issues them a small electric shock

we hate snails and slugs..cos they aintgot what it takes to love em........sad init,,vick........johnny

Well they are nasty little buggers. I hope you gitem gone! One remedy mentioned using beer to get rid of them but I didn't think you would share your beer with them slimy devils.

'Shame the bumbles buzzed off.

Here ya go Johnny.

Sit by yer window, all the winter long, in yer wee recliner, and blow those slugs off the tree with ease. When the missus be done stokin' the fire, she can don her wellies, collect the reusable ammo and bury the dead slugs fer ya!

Amazon promises this device will get rid of lots of pests 'sides flies. Egads! What will they think of next?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 139
well i was gonna take me searchlight and put em all in a bucket and chuck em in the next door neighbours garden...johnny

If your garden is better they will be back...the grass is always greener on the other side.

Johnny - my earlier perfect solution post was sent to moderation. Guess it wasn't an ideal solution after all.

Keep slugging!

Kim ,as a past avid/semi pro gardner ....sad to say none of those things work.
The only thing is good old snail/slug killer/pellets.

Johnny,chucking them into next doors garden does not work either......there like boomerangs....keep coming back lol.

I am plaugued with moths,daisy keeps bringing them in on a night......hopefully now winters coming she wont bring in anymore mice.

Johnny - scroll up to #10 - moderator liked my idea and posted it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back