Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
usa
City
city
Hi I went to the scheduled emg as directed but when I got there the machine wasn't working!
That's ok though. He did some manual strength testing which had never been done before.
He said not good enough to do physical work.
I told him of the job offer and he said nooo!
My walk isn't where it needs to be and my right leg isn't right.
I still can't do the highway patrol walk as he calls it.
My right leg can't flex or move the calf when trying to flex a muscle as my left leg can.
So anyways he said my dr could reschedule at a later date.
My voice remains strained.
I'm ok thanks for all the advice and well wishes!

Isn't that the way it always goes? You get all psyched up and then there is a snafu. I am so sorry, now you have to worry all over again. I am sorry that you won't be able to work like you wanted to.

Oh man. Any idea when they can test you again?

I'm sorry they couldn't do your tests. Hopefully, they can reschedule soon. Also, sorry about the working too. That's a bummer.

I take a deep breath and realize that life doesn't always or in my case hardly goes as planned.
I have several health issues I'm dealing with but not going to mention due to they may make me look hypochondriac but all confirmed. I guess years of putting things off got me to this point. I wouldn't urge anyone to run silly to a dr but at the same time don't self neglect!
It's hard having to depend on when the county is willing to approve my care. Shucks!
Well as always I bounce back somehow!
Working at sea was my favorite career as I'm sure you all know.
I guess I can always say I got to have my dream career!
It was hard and fun at the same time. 12 and 16 hours a day oh the way I loved it lol!
But now time to hang up my sea legs! But I still am a self proclaimed sea diva lol at least it keeps me going ha ha!

Thanks again for all kind words and support! Luv yas!

I don't think anyone here has had their life go as they planned. But we all seem to be getting through it and I am sure you will too. This is what life is. Full of joy and disappointments. We get to be more inventive about ours. And we never have a dull moment. We never know what is going to happen next.

Keep your chin up and let that beautiful smile shine.

Thanks Vicki ! I know that's so true!

ysabel, sorry about your emg (or lack of it) hopefully you won't have to wait too long for another appointment, sorry also about your work :sad: keep smiling and take care, love and hugs, Anne xx

Thanks Celtic! Back at ya!

Ok not starting another thread but just curios when they do the reflex on the knees the right one especially... That leg reacts harder but doesn't move as well? I'm so confused?
It jerks quickly forward then slaps back and hits the metal table I was sitting on.
So is this odd or normal? I never had it bang backwards too before?
I'm just not up on this stuff
He didn't say anything should I ask ?
Any help would be great thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back