US
State
usa
City
city
I'm doing so much better!
I'm walking without trouble, voice back to normal,
Swimming for 30 minutes!
I'm trying to get 100% where I was before.
Everyone that I know says don't push it.

I'm hard headed as everyone possibly knows lol!

I applied for a job aboard ship before everything got real bad.
The federal govt has sent me a tenative offer.
I have to jump through a few hoops including physical.
If I can pass the physical I want to do this it's the career of my dreams!
I love it with a passion!
But everyone says be cautious because I've been out of commission for over a year now.

I know the process will take a few months its federal = hury up and wait.

But I wanted to see what you all think?

Sounds like you are getting your life back! Good for you. Do what's in your heart.

Its good your feeling better.....is this due to medication?
I too would say be careful,its early days with your diagnosis.
Also for insurance purposes during your medical you would have to tell them about your diagnosis and possible problems you could have.
If they are ok with you taking the job despite your diagnosis then thats great,if you feel you can do it give it a go.

If it is what makes you happy and you feel you can do it then go for it. Nothing is better than feeling and doing normal, especially once you have had it taken away. Good for you.

Olly, yes in part because of the medications
And because they caught it when they did. I'm kind of worried a little that my diagnosis of Parkinsonism may interfere, but if my dr gives the ok I'm going to give it a shot.
I really enjoy that career to the point I consider it a lifestyle but if I can't get the all clear I will have to at least be greatful for what I do have.
I'm kind of nervous but excited too lol!

did a year long test of rasagilline, Parkison's azilect, does it help als, not sure but still on it off lable. don't know what your medication problem was but hope it wasn't azilect, i know some with parkisons that swear by it

Hi pearshoot no mine was causes by a commonly prescribed mood stabelizer. My gp didn't even realize it the neuro pin pointed it. But I was off it about a year so they were not 100% sure. Now with the reversal they are pretty sure that was the case. I wrote a fairly lengthy post about med side effects in the diahls forum. I described all the stuff that went wrong with me including loss of balance, twitching, and not being able to lift my feet to walk.
I would say at this point I feel so much better.

I sure hope nobody here got the idea that I meant this as a brag post because I don't like to be boastful.
Just excitement and some nervousness over future possibilities.
Everyone here has offered the best possible support and comfort through my frustrations with the loss of my abilities.

But I want to stick around and read post and respond.

I have taken up on a hobby of making bead art jewelry I'm loving it!
Thanks again everyone!

As you say, the process will take months. Why not start and see where it takes you? Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back