Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
usa
City
city
I've thought about how lucky I am
Paralysis - for about 15 to 20 minutes I had a frightening experience of my right arm going completely lost ability to move it.
Nothing like what permanent paralysis would be.
I shook it with my left arm like it was a rag doll arm in fear and when it came back I laughed and smiled in relief.

My foot coming down harder in the beginning
Stiffness so stiff like tree trunks for legs.
Losing balance and falls.
Losing grips of things even pens.
Muscle spasms
My voice left several times sounded so bad I sounded like a warped record a few times.
Choking quite a few times on saliva and food
Sleep apnea I woke up about 10 or more times gasping for air.
Falling in the shower.
The frustration and anger
The depression over not being as capable
Labored breathing
Slurred words

I know these experiences I have had are minimal compared to most here.
Intact I'm lucky knock wood I'm responding pretty good.
I may not need my walker much longer.
So I'm greatful!
Thanks for everyone's support and words of kindness.
Denise

Glad to see you. You are getting better?

I am so far responding well.
Hopefully they found right meds for me.
Still right side giving most trouble.
But better over all.

Well that is absolutely fantastic :smile:! I hope you continue to get better and better.

Thanks Vicki, you have been my best support here and glad I met you!
Good to see you too!

Even though I can't know how others feel but I can imagine because so many times I want to kick something to get my aggravation out and yet hadn't had the strength to kick a thing.
I'm not trying to analyze anyone else's feelings just saying I got an unwanted peek, which is nothing compared to those who continually get worse.

Yea I know what you mean. Everyone here suffers to some degree. This is a good place and has good people. Always ready to lend an ear and offer hope.

This place has really helped me and I get to meet wonderful people like you and the others.

Hugs ! Oh I don't even hunch at all any more.

AWSOME girlfriend! So very happy for you.

Thanks! I also posted this hoping new comers can see Parkinson's and Parkinsonism can seem very much like an ALS or other mnds. Parkinson's can be a good mmicer of Als.
I was sent to the Als clinic for my diagnosis and no doubt that's scary.
But I kept saying its not that! Because of what I read here. Passing thoughts did scare me.
When I get back on my feet financially I will donate here.

Denise

You are beautiful, inside and out. I have tried to tell people on the DIHALS thread not to narrow their scope to just to als, because these diseases mimic each other.

Vicki. Thanks you too!
Now that I said this my croaky voice came back and my right leg is stiff again.
Jinx on me lol! At least it's not warped record sound. More just croaky I've gotten to where I can detect it coming on because my throat doesn't get scratchy I just feel a vibrating sensation in my throat. But like they say one day at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back