Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
usa
City
city
There is a new part to my diagnosis. I have something going on in the extraprymadil tract they are not explaining this right but something about upper motor neurons and blood draws hurt like crazy and I've never sensitive to pain. When I go to the docs I can't open the door leading to the back they are glass and metal double doors. Um the elderly was opening them just fine. I now have my boyfriend living with me as my boyfriend of course and care taker. So we both feel they aren't fully informing me. Have any of you heard of any of this? I also been choking more on saliva and right in front of the docs. Plus still moments of deep breaths and catching my breath. Some sleep apnea as well. Still they do nothing.

wish I could help, but I do not have clue, even after reading the article, maybe Wright will chime in, or you could p.m him, I am sure he would not mind, margaret

Hi Ysabel
Glad you have a stable living situation but sorry for all your troubles. They are telling the damage to your umns is causing pain with blood draws? Is it because you can not relax your arm in the correct position? Umn damage in and of itself should not cause it I think.
Is your dia g nosis still Parkinson's ? Are they pursuing your family history of msa? Not that I want you to have it of course but you need a correct diagnosis
Good luck
Take care
Nikki

When I had a brief hospital stay one doc just said movement disorder extraprymadil and dystonia. But Parkinson's is a movement disorder. But there are many movement disorders.
I was told that extraprymadil had to do with why I had hypersensitivity to pain. Also had something to do with upper motor neurons. And jerky movements. I do not yet have jerky movements. My county insurance doesn't cover much so maybe that's why they can't do much. Once I get approved for social security disability if these docs don't do something more I'm going to a clinic 4 hours north of me that specializes in movement disorders. I can't go on choking and having trouble breathing like taking deep breaths like a sigh. Not asthmatic breathing. But I will get this figured out one way or another. If anyone that reads this thread has any clue please let me know. Thanks, Denise

I have no clue Honey, but glad to see you back on the forum! Missed that sunny smile!

My old phone broke Vicki my sister sent me a new one easier to use too
Oh Vicki I love your mother Theresa quote so much I use it on my Facebook quotation

I'm seeing my gp tomorrow so Gona write down my questions thanks everyone. Even normal firm hand shakes have me howling in pain.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back