Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
usa
City
city
Does going through all of this stuff make a person cranky and mean? Ive been unusualy cranky and mean saying things i wouldnt ever say.
Then feel bad later on.
Anyone experience stuff like this?

Hell yes,i usually rant at my son at least once day for being messy.....its frustration as its difficult to do house work.
Being ill and in pain 24/7 can make anyone cranky but hopefully people understand.

Yes, I agree. I am asked all day " Are you okay? You doin okay?" I get so tired of saying yea I.m fine, when I really want to scream "Do I look okay? What do you think" There are days where I feel like my tongue should be nothing but a nub from bitting back worrds.

Its not everyday,but there are days I repeat the serenity prayer in my head over and over. I feel bad because I know they only want to help and are worried and are as frustrated as I am at watching me struggle.

Ok now im not alone. I do prefer my chipper self.

I don't say I'm fine or okay anymore. I say, "I'm exactly as you think I'd be."

my husband usually says "so far, so good"
but the other day someone innocently asked what had he givin up for Lent, he told them he thought he had givin up enough already! 'course it was said in good humor but the point was made.

My son asked me the other day if I was getting worse and I finally told him the truth, yes. He took it better than I did. Something about saying it out loud makes it more real.

My husband asked if I was okay and I told him I am not okay It is what it is, he struggled for composure but accepted it. This is so hard I don't want to hurt my family but it is time to face facts, they can see me struggle so I can't keep saying I am fine because they know I am not. It all sucks thats all I can say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back