Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
usa
City
city
update yesterday i went to the dr.
After fighting with the county for what seems like forever now finaly they got it done. My health ins is going to be activated tuesday. They are getting my referal done. They will definitely have my apointment in two weeks.
That is a relief.
Tuesday the 26th i was speaking to my daughter with the same tremmor i had in my voice for about 8 months now. By tuesday evening my voice had dramaticaly changed im having to force it out.
My dr said i do not have an inflamed throat.
It does not hurt.

Last night for the first time in my life i woke up not being able to breath so i gasped and let air in.
Then i rested for a bit to make sure i continued to breath. Then i went back to sleep.
That was scary but maybe just a one time event.

I think im getting cranky lately and its due to frustration over loss of my abilities.
Oh doc did confirm that my hunching was due to my scoliosis, which is what she believes.

She did more reflex testing
Knees, ankles, at the elbow and wrist too.

Dont know what any of it means but they are at least getting me to the neurologist.

March 7 is my neuro apointment.

Thank goodness! So sorry you've had such a rough road to referral.

Well now they can get something done and figure this out for you. I am hoping for the best for you. Hugs

Thats great news,i have been worried about you ((hugs))

My brother and sister said my new voice sounds like the aged kathren hepburn. So as a joke my brother says ok ms hepburn lol.
My male friend is taking me to the apointment. Im glad he is bafk in town.

Kathryn hepburn was soooo adorable,we have an advert here in the uk with her in......superimposed onto a scene....think its agalaxy chocolate advert.
Its great you have family and friends for support.

Im going to the best clinic in this area. So i will be in great hands.

player.swf

The best i can do.

Meant to add thats why they call me speedy lol!

Has your Doctor considered that osteoporosis could be causing the hunching? Has your calcium and vitamin D levels been checked lately?

Actualy all my nutritional levels al, blood work came back fine. The doc diagnosed me with parkisonism. The doc said its very progressive but gave me meds. Tbat was on the 7th. Still gotten worse. But i am hanging in there.

Sorry, on a previous post you mentioned neck pain, add this to hunching and that severe osteoporosis can also be present with normal blood levels of calcium, I believe. Vitamin D, if your interested - "Researchers examined blood levels of vitamin D (25(OH)D) in 157 participants diagnosed within the last five years with mild symptoms of early Parkinson’s disease. At baseline, the average vitamin D level was 26.3 ng/mL, indicating insufficient levels. Overall, 69.4% of participants showed vitamin D insufficiency and 26.1% had vitamin D deficiency at baseline. Vitamin D insufficiency was defined as vitamin D levels less than 30.0 ng/mL and vitamin D deficiency less than 20.0 ng/mL" From memory, those with ALS have levels below 20.0 ng/mL. Terry.

They told me they are doing all they can, i will ask the doc i see tomorrow. I think the neck may be sore from the hunching my necj tends to go dowb a bit when hunched.

Ok got blood results here a copy. I dont know what chemical name to look for? It says calcium levels 9.5 mg/dl... what should i be looking for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back