Diagnosis
11/2007
Country
uk
State
uk
City
uk
The goverment have made changes to benefit for the sick and disabled,incapacity benefit is no more and instead its replaced by employment support allowance.
Those like myself who have been on incapacity benefit for years will be migrated to this new benefit,i recieved my form this week.

They are making it hard for ill and disabled to claim this benefit,they are trying to get some back into work and from what i have read it includes those in wheelchairs and some with a life threatning illness.

Despite having been given disability benefit for life it seems they could still put you in the "could do some form of work" catagory.
To say i am worried sick is an understatement,i dont know what the future will bring.

Atos ,the medical board and examiners are causing untold suffering by making people fit for work that clearly are not.
Its descrimination by the goverment who are trying to cut costs to the benefit system............but refuse outright to introduce a mansion tax for the rich.

I will just have to fill the form in and see what happens.

For any of you who get this form i have some info on this.

http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/employment-and-support-allowance/esa-glossary/1486-what-is-esa

https://www.gov.uk/employment-support-allowance/overview

http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/images/image/samples/esa/physical_wca_nov_11_sample.pdf

http://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/f31.htm

sadly, taxing the rich would provide a mere drop in an ocean of money required...your average working man paying a mortgage with children aways will bear the burden of funding public expenditure...and of course paying rip off amounts of tax to do so...the benifit system needs overhauling...too many abuse the system...if your genuine you have no worries....the benifit cheats wont like it..they will have to work,,didums.....johnny

The problem is johnny genuine people are being deemed fit for work.
If you are in a wheelchair but can use your hands then you can do a desk job.
My neighbour has a friend who is ill in a wheelchair and she was told she has to work.
There are a reported 2,000 cases of death of ill and disabled people who died after being told they have to work since this has been introduced,they are only the reported cases.
If you look at the last info "disability rights uk" you will see just how difficult the tests are.

Yes there are cheats,they make it hard for genuine cases..........i know of a few.
But if you have a certified disabling illness you should be excempt from taking these tests.

...if you have certified disabling illness, then you have no fear in taking test....not that i believe the govment would wasre time and money doing so....and i have not read nor heard of anyone dying after being forced to work,,,,blimey there aint enough jobs for the fit and able......wait and see....its only the cheats who will feel the pain....and even then they will recieve housing benifit and such...they will lose the free cars, tax, insurance and service included ....times are hard and the gravey train is in the knackers yard....cuts have to be made in all walks of life and the genuine looked after....labour forgot to feed the goose that laid the golden eggs...i.e. the private sector creates the jobs that pay the taxes that pay for public spending johnny

Thats true johnny,i am just getting myself worked up.......i can't cope with change and it worries me.

Johnnies right Caroline. I don't live in Uk of course but we have a very similar welfare system that is horrendously abused by lazy fraudsters. The change will be trying to sort the abuses from the real folk that need the assistance.
Part of my husbands neurological examination, of people on benefits and insurance benefits, is too watch them leave and get into their cars. He can tell a lot from observing, when the patient is unaware. It's surprising how many jump out of their wheelchairs and toss it in the boot of the car, walk to the drivers door, jump in and zoom off.

I hope it all goes well for you and you continue to get the support you need. At least you get help, unlike some of our friends in USA, who are suffering on their own in terrible circumstances because they have no insurance.

My hubby Clive had to attend an ATOS medical for ESA, I gave them a photocopy of our consultant's letter to our gp stating strong possibility of anterior horn cell disease, no more was said and no further attendance necessary. This was just last summer, he could still walk a little at that time and use his arms and hands but they didn't say he had to work..
Try not to worry Olly.. :)

sad that the richest country in the world cant look after its poorest......here in britan, a and e has up to 10 hrs waiting to be seen...but most are there over minor stuff, cos its free...and horrendously expensive.......theres got to be a middle road....here in britland, we should pay somethig initially...dis couraging the time wasters....saving millions.....interestingly, in my case, if i was an american i would be bankrupt now.....also interestingly, for all the x ray mri s...ect ive had, if i had had no treatment at all i would be in no worse a position than i am now....cos there aint no treatment or cure ...and i wouldnt be bankrupt cos i would have stopped paying and just took my chances....funny old world init..johnny

I was getting worked up because of people saying others with disabilites were told they could work.

I have an enstranged cousin who is a benefit fake.
She was supposed to be so bad with her nerves she could not go out,yet within days after 9/11 she was off on a plane on holiday.
Now she claims she needs to use a stick,yet others have seen her with hubby out walking dog and chasing after it.
My sister saw her at bridlington on a day out chasing the dog.

I have not been able to go on holiday for 14yrs,last day out was 2yrs ago to bridlington but it was such an ordeal.
Even before i got there i was crippled after sitting in the car,when we did get there after the short walk from car park to town centre i could no longer walk and had to sit on a bench on my own.
my mum helped me get back to car by taking the bus back with me .
I go out once a week for an hour to town,if the weathers good i can go local on my mobility scooter.

If she fakes and passes i may have to make a phone call.........its not fair on the rest of us

trouble is see olly...u is getting yourself all worked up....doing yourself harm....live and let live..life aint fair so what.....look after yourself and yours....pick your friends and worry less..johnny

No nonsense advice johnny,i can count on you....cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back