Status
Not open for further replies.

scotslassie

Distinguished member
Country
EU
State
City
Well....I just popped back to see what was going on here after a spell abroad. As the title suggests, what a shambles. This used to be a good forum. There were people here when I first joined who actually knew what they were talking about. People who were living and dying with ALS, carers and sufferers, family and friends. People who could answer questions with a decorum of intelligence because they were actually experiencing things for themselves and were able to share their experiences with others and give very good advice. There was a very firm hand (or hands) on the rudder. Now, people who "think" they have ALS, or think they know about ALS are giving out advice to other people who also "think" they have ALS, ignorance is breeding ignorance. People are logging on in other names and winding other people up when it is blatantly obvious who these people are, and using this forum to promote interests outwith ALS interests. Who are you talking to here? Do you even know? It is no wonder that the core members of this forum, the ones who actually know what they are talking about, have left, and formed their own private group. I see there are still a few good people on this forum who have been here a few years and are struggling to keep things afloat. Good luck to you, you are dealing with an unknown entity here and unless you get things under control again, which is doubtful now (it's just a public forum after all) you will lose all credibility. The lunatics are taking over the asylum here. ..Scotslassie....or is it? I'm actually 3 people here. Think on.

I'm sorry but I have to agree with Scotslassie. The answers that used to be here are not here anymore. I used to read what was written by everyone. It was all interesting and all relevant. Now I skip over more then two thirds. I find it very sad that the newbies don't have what the rest of us had when we got our "news". They don't have the same knowledge base that was here just a year ago. I'm hoping some of the people will come back. I'm hoping the newbies look back and read some of the older post from Al and Richard and Abbas child. They gave you incredible information without being wimpy about any of it. Stuff you have to know. I'm hoping to come back at some point happy to read it all.

"It is no wonder that the core members of this forum, the ones who actually know what they are talking about, have left, and formed their own private group.

What a lovely post. what lovely sentiments. How kind. How helpful.

this is a forum for a terminal illness. "core" members die or their pals die and they move on. this forum is always in flux, but sadly there are always new members. Just as sadly, there are always people who think they are more important than others, they are more special, who form cliques and groups and have private inside jokes and want to exclude. Good for you for forming a private group--I am sure it is very helpful to many many people...just as this nasty little post is very helpful.

I think we should stop posting on this thread. It only fuels the fire. Hope, love and goodness shall prevail. I love this forum and all those on it even the sad and negative for they need help the most. Peace .

ACTUALLY scottslassie (or whoever you are) i think its been quite the opposite...........over the past few months things have improved and some members have returned and started posting again,i am sure everyone would agree.
DOES THAT NOT SPEAK VOLUMES.!

Well said barbie!

Well said Ollie & Barbie!

Sad to have nothing better to do on Christmas Day but to post a divisive message and calling us lunatics.

Lassie -
If lunacy is compassionate, kind, vulnerable, supportive, positive, open-hearted, respectful , helpful, reliable, loyal and honest

- WOOHOO -

I'm thrilled to be in this asylum - my fellow inmates possess all of the aforementioned qualities... and so much more. I'm going to die happy in this place, surrounded by my lunatic angels.

Wishing each of your persona, health of mind & body & heart and lasting inner peace.

I hope I have been courteous to people lately on here. I'm trying to be supportive and helpfuL. If any does have a problem with me or what I post please please send me a private message and I'll do my best to correct the situation. You are all in my prayers.

Barbie, you jumped to conclusions again, I did not form a private group. Olly, I am surprised you are still here after your last nasty and vindictive post was removed by the moderator. I see that you have not learned your lesson and are still speaking in capitals. I am not hard of hearing. Vickim, by your remarks you have admitted there is a fire to be fuelled. Peace to you also. If you all look back you will see that quite a few of the people you have defended and sympathised with are now banned. Does that not tell you something? It has been interesting catching up and reading the posts I have missed since I have been abroad. Seeing things with new eyes, so to speak. This forum has changed, and not for the better. Al and Allen kept a firm control of things whilst they were here. No-one is doing that now, and it shows. The DIHALS is a mockery of what it was with the world and it's mother posting and being advised by people with no real experience of ALS/MND. This forum is fast becoming a tea room for all who twitch. The actual facts and life experiences have all but gone and the people with the facts and life experiences have taken their knowledge elsewhere. They have not died and faded away Barbie, as you suggest, they are still helping each other. Just not here quite so much. They were literally driven off this forum by some very narrow minded people with very little tolerance. Some still visit this forum and try to help the genuine cases but not in a "lady bountiful" way with airy fairy advice and little or no actual experience of ALS/MND. Having said that, and before anyone else jumps on me, I know fine well there are people still here, with a wealth of experience, who are doing their best in a very difficult situation. You very badly need moderators.

All together now...............LA LA LAA ...LA LA LA LAA.........LA LA LAA ..........LA LA LA LAA.
Who ever can name that tune i'll give you a good reputation point.

You don't have to be mad to be here........but it helps lol.

All together now...............LA LA LAA ...LA LA LA LAA.........LA LA LAA ..........LA LA LA LAA.
Who ever can name that tune i'll give you a good reputation point.

You don't have to be mad to be here........but it helps lol.

Olly- My best guess is the tune belted out by fans at NHL (hockey) games here.

"Na Na Hey Hey Kiss him Goodbye"( original recording by Steam).

Am I close?:lol:

How About... "all you need is love...yut ta da yada da...da...da... all you need is love...love is all you need...love is all you need" ( beatles).

Am I right?

Nope both wrong,i'll give you a clue.........bananas

Seems to me that much of the mudslinging has been gone... until now. Yes, some people who I care deeply about now only meet up in fb because of the crap that was being slung. Others still come here as well, but we 're dealing with a progressive disease and can 't post very easily anymore.

Skipper, I haven't had the chance to tell you that you've been fine in your posts (not that I have any say!) so don't worry that this was for you honey. You were also going through a rough time, and like all of us made mistakes. Merry Christmas everyone, let's work toward forum peace! And a treatment for ALS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back