Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
IL
City
SMALL TOWN IN
My dad has ALS and is losing more and more of his mobility everyday. He is a big movie fan. Have any of you rented or seen any good movies that you'd recommend? Also, do you have any recommendations on any other ideas for entertainment for my dad. He is losing more mobility everyday in his finger and hands and won't use a eyegaze. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks, Kim

What genre of movies does he like? I like the old Alfred Hitchcock movies and john wayne, doris day. We get alot of movies from amazon they have an amazing selection and the prices aren't bad. What about audio books? Or an e reader?

amazon and netflix are a great way to see lots of movies without buying them

I second marypat.
We watch movies and tv shows on netflix. My husband likes detectives including the goofy ones. We have watched every episode of Monk, and now we are into Poirot.
If your PALS can use the computer, even just the mouse, digital books are a good choice too.

I"m with the others. Netflix is great--both for movies and entire TV series. Too bad he won't try eyegaze :( that would give him a lot more options of entertainment!

I'm loving Netflix! Catching up on TV shows I never had time to watch. "24" starring Keifer Sutherland is our current favorite. We watch on the regular TV with the Wi controller or on my iPad.

We got dad Netflix and he loves it. I'm trying to find a old movie dad is wanting called Tobacco Road. Tried our local video store but they couldn't find it to order it. Anyone hear of it? Don't know anything but the name so far.

I looked it up on amazon, and it came up as a 1941 film that can be down loaded but it is not in a u.s. format. It was is spanish, it is a john ford film.

moderation Ugh!

get him some classics...on golden pond...i loved it...and i dont know why...johnny

It was a 1941 film directed by John Ford, loosley based on a 1936 novel by Erskine Caldwell about Georgia sharecroppers.

midnight cowboy..the apartment ..african queen...deliverance...brilliant......

johnny, u r a romantic...luv it
skipper that movie is on a m a z o n instant view and i imagine dvd

Johnny, I always enjoy the Lord of the Rings trilogy, all three no matter how many times I see them. You might empathise with Boromir in the scene where he is killed by the Uruk-hai with three arrows. You'll know Bo...he's that love of a human who occasionally makes a mistake now and again but always apologizes and ever true to his nature fights to the death for honour and friendship. Easy on the eye I might add, not that you'd care.... Shame he ends up slain by the most ugly and persistent orc in middle earth. If you haven't seen it give it a go. :lol:

What about "Operation Petticoat", "MR. Roberts", "In Harms Way" , I love "the African Queen" or the original "Yours, Mine and Ours", "Spencer's Mountain" our family likes alot of the old classics. I also like Alfred Hitchcock. "Rear Window", "The Birds", and "To Catch A Thief".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back