Diagnosis
08/2011
Country
US
State
AL
City
Fairhope
Question for you all that are tube feeding. Dean has been on Isosource since he had his peg done in April. He's had no problems except for some constipation at the beginning. The neutritionist at the VA suggested switching him to Suplena because he also has kidney failure and it has less protein and easier for the kidneys to digest.

My question is this - Does anyone use this product and if so, what side effects have you had if any. I have not committed to switching yet. Wanted to get some feedback and do some research first. He's been in chronic kidney failure for several years and has said no to dialysis. So, along with the ALS and the kidney failure, is it worth making the change and having it possibly give him the "runs" or make him sick to his stomach etc.?

Comments?

Joyce,

If I were you, I'd copy and paste this message (rather than re-typing it) as a new post over in either the current care givers forum or the PALS forum. Even the general topic forum will get you more people to read it than down here in the off topic forum.. Kind of like in a newspaper "above the crease" gets a lot more readers.

To answer your question, I am on a different formula, ( and don't use much of it anyway) so I have no personal experience with it to share.

If the nutritionist is familiar with ALS, I would think her advice would be of good help. I have been told by my clinic that PALS usually do best with formula that doesn't have fiber, or very low fiber...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back