Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
WI
City
Beaver Dam
Hi all. I was a member here for a decent while, but took a break for about 4 or so months. Maybe longer. Anyways- now that i have returned, I am having a difficult time remembering everyones "story". If you have the time, and are interested- please give me a little "re-peek" into your life. Here is mine in a nutshell....

I took care of my PALS for 4 and a half years. I met him when he was almost 6 years into the disease. He was already completely paralyzed with the exception of eye movement and some facial expressions. He was also trached and on a vent 24/7.
We had gotten engaged this past Thanksgiving, with plans to marry just a couple weeks ago. Sadly, he passed away in March of this year. Since his death, it's been hell for me. The depression sunk me so low that I was hospitalized back in July. Every day is a struggle, but I keep fighting on. I decided to come back to the Forums becasue I want to help others along their journey.

I look forward to reading your stories (again)!

Welcome back Liz, glad you're here.

Wonderful see you back Liz!

Im glad you're back, Liz. Depression sucks. I'm all too familiar with it.

You two were lucky to have found each other.

I think you can help a lot of CALS with questions, there are all too many new folks here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back