Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
WA
City
Seattle
Happy Friday, everyone! I hope you all find a reason to smile today.

Plenty of reasons to smile... the sun is out after more than a week of gloom... it's Friday... and my girl is coming home to visit this weekend!

How lovely that your girl is coming home, Helen!

I'm going to my parents' place for Canadian Thanksgiving, and we've been having an unusually long stretch of sun and gorgeous fall weather. Lots of reasons to smile around here too.

Smiles - Thank you!

Happy Thanksgiving - we have much to be thankful for! (especially FAMILY/FRIENDS butternut squash soup, turkey, sweet potato casserole, Brussels sprouts sauteed in maple syrup & balsamic vinegar, gravy, pumpkin pie, wine - or a chilled prosecco and fun loud conversation)

Smile. I have three days off. Yeah...nap time

Elaine, you're making me hungry! Happy Thanksgiving to all our Canadian friends! My hubby is Canadian, born in Toronto, raised here in Mass.

Happy thanksgiving to all our canadian friends.
I managed to do an 1 hour ironing today,these little acomplishments make you smile...........though it was only some of my sons,my pile is heading for the roof..........really need some housemaids lol.

Smiling cause its Friday! Family time for the next 2 days!

You're making me hungry too, Elaine! I'm so looking forward to my mom's cooking tomorrow, especially the brussels sprouts. My husband despises them (yes, I know - how did I manage to marry someone who hates brussels sprouts?) so I rarely make them at home.

More importantly, I'm looking forward to some quality family time.

Olly, an hour of ironing?!? You've got more patience than I do. I refuse to buy anything that needs to be ironed.

BRUSSEL SPROUTS! YUCK,YUCK,YUCK................my son loves them but i refuse to cook them.............HORRID THINGS.
By the way,i have the same cat picture in my just for laughs album.............only mine says "i just farted".........probably ate too many brussel sprouts lol

I had brussel sprouts at a friends house a while ago. She steamed them and in a saucepan added a little butter, whiskey and orange rind. Also had them with Grand Marnier. Yes, there is a general theme here but I really don't like the smell or taste of whiskey otherwise. Enjoy everybody. Yasmin

That sounds very interesting, Yasmin. I wouldn't have thought of pairing them with orange flavor. My mom traditionally makes them with a creamy garlic sauce and I like to slice them in half and roast them with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. Yum.

Olly, ha! I'd like to think the kitty in my avatar didn't just fart, but is simply happy.

How can you not like brussels sprouts? What kind of Brit are you?!? ;)

So happy daughter is coming home Helen, Please give her a big NZ hug from me.
This is for the cat lovers........ My kids woke up last week and got up to blood everywhere, walls , stairs, carpet, tiles....looked like the cats had been fighting. Their first thought was to check me out incase i had been mugged in the night. All the cats seemed fine, but when touching Kitty"s tail, the black bit on the tip was bleeding. We blamed our old cat, who absolutely hates Kitty. Its been 5 years of fighting. Lat evening, we heard a cat fight yet again....thundering kitty steps all over the place....lots of noise. We found Kitty absolutely attacking her own tail. It was hilarious and we realised she must have slashed it open...I think she is totally psychotic, and very funny.........Just wanted to say ;0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back