what's the best thing that ever happened to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susan10

Distinguished member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
09/2011
Country
US
State
OK
City
Bible Belt
As a Christian, obiosly it would be meeting my Savior.

other than that, i would say getting adpted, getting the wise counsel to get my MBA, and adopting my daughter. how about you? :p

Finding my husband ( at the ripe old age of seventeen) and keeping him for 37 years and having my boys.

My husband and family. The best time I've had so far was my 60 birthday celebration! Of course my husband and family made it happen. :) Looking forward to more good times!

no doubt my children! And my Mom...

Meeting my husband and having two beautiful daughters with him. I was with Bob for 31 years. Loved seeing the world with him. Loved living life with our little family - every single minute of it! Yasmin.

these are great - thanks for sharing!

Mine would be loving Rog, having our daughter and then a granddaughter. I have a good life, I am truly blessed.

Jen

I have had so many blessings in my life. Now with familial ALS, I am so grateful my son is adopted. My precious grandson is clear. ALS in my family will stop with me!

Good one Jamie!

I am feeling like a group hug. You all mean so much to me. Thank you for sharing your lives with me! Jamiem

{{{{{{{{{big group hug}}}}}}}}}. :)

Definitely having my three children was the best thing that every happened to me. Plus, having loving parents and grandparents growing up.

I have had a super blessed life - from the get go. My family (5 siblings) is close and nurturing. Meeting my husband (superman) in 1986 and later fostering our precious son are the biggest gifts in my world. Having visited 7 continents (well - almost to Antarctica... 50 miles away) and making such great friends along the way are blessings. God has been overly generous with me. I hope and pray to meet our grandchildren one day.

But decidedly the best thing that ever happened to me, was on June 2/12 - when I witnessed my parents lovingly slice into their 70th wedding anniversary cake. It doesn't get better than that!

wow - elaine - congratulations to your parents! what a blessing!
jamie - my als isn't familial but in my contacts with extended birth family, no one has had it. there are good things about being adopted, huh...

{{{{{{{{{big group hug}}}}}}}}}

there are good things about being adopted, huh...

And good things about fostering too! We lucked out with the best kid ever. He just got his Masters degree and we are super proud. As soon as he nears completion of PhD -we'll be grand parents. Yeah! 5 more years.:razz::razz::razz::razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back