Diagnosis
08/2011
Country
US
State
Fl
City
Orlando
Allen had a thread similar to this a while back. He'd pm'd and asked me to help keep it going--and I forgot.

I was thinking of him today, and remembered his thread. So...

WHAT ARE YOU READING?
Did you like it?
What's the genre?
What will you be reading next?

I'm reading a series right now of young adult books by Gena Showalter. ENTWINED is the first in the series. They are paranormal/fantasy/urban fantasy.

They are about a teenage boy, Aiden, who has 4 souls inside him. He hears their thoughts. One can time travel. One can predict the future. Three of the souls are also boys. The last is a woman named Eve.

The book is the journey of Aiden as he tries to help free the souls. On the way he meets fairies, vampires, goblins and a demon or two. Oh, and lets not forget the zombies! Or the shapeshifter wolves.

The second in the series is "Interwoven"

I'm a huge fan of young adult novels.

When I'm done with these two books, I'm going to go back to the adult side and start on some of the paranormal books sitting on my ipad patiently waiting for me to read them. I'm also a fan of paranormal (as that's what I write for the most part) I review books, so I get lots and lots of freebies to read.

I highly recommend a series by Nora Roberts, writing as JD Robb. The "In Death" series. Eve Dallas is a NY police detective in the year 2059. Each book is a murder mystery. The series is up to 30 books at this point. I've enjoyed them all. Not for those that don't like a good mystery with some hot sex tossed in!

I also recommend a series of light romance paranormal books by Linda Wisdom. She's been writing romances for nearly 30 years, and recently ventured on to more paranormal books. The first in this series is "50 ways to hex your lover".

For the guys...hmmm...James Patterson "Alex Cross" novels. I've enjoyed many of them. You've probably seen one of the movies based on his books starring Morgan Freeman.

Anyone read "50 Shades of Grey"? This book is erotic--and is the best-selling novel on Amazon right now. I haven't read it. It started out as a fan fiction story based on Twilight (ya know, the diamond glowing vampires)

And, of course, I'll send my books that I wrote to anyone that wants to read them. I have three out now.

A paranormal romance, "Linked" (Prophecy Book One), Lana Summers is awakened from a dream with a warning to "Run!" She awakens to discover someone inside her apartment. She escapes out a window and runs literally into Cole Williams. Cole vows to help her find out who is after her. Neither knows they are part of an ancient prophecy and that it's not a mere mortal after them--it's an ancient evil shape shifter that wants Lana dead.

For those that don't mind romance but like less "paranormal" I have an anthology out called "The Storm Within". It's a romantic suspense novel. Keri's been framed for murder and is on the run. When she's trapped in an Oklahoma blizzard, she's rescued by a stranger. What she doesn't know is that he's been hired to track her down for the man that wants her dead.

The third is ONCE FORBIDDEN (The Hunted Book One)--- a very sexy vampire story -- again, not for the faint of heart. It's pretty steamy/erotic. I plan on 3 books. the second, Once Bitten, is going up next week. It's on its last round of proofreading. I sold these two stories to a publisher several years ago--they only paid me ONCE in 3 years. Thankfully, I got the rights back and decided to revise them and sell them myself.

Devlin watched Sarah save the life of a child in a fire. She was left horribly disfigured and is now a loner. He can save her--transform her to a vampire--but it's forbidden. And then, of course, there are the vampire hunters to worry about...

My daughter has 3 out, too. All young adult paranormal/fantasy.

TWIN TIED is about 2 sets of twins--and the ancient evil that wants them dead.

SHADOW & LIGHT is set on another world that is half dark and half light. The heroine, Jeneca, had been cast out to the dark side of the planet years before. When two people from the light side come to the area-she has to either help them, or watch them be killed by those that hate everyone from the light side. People from both side have strange abilities--Light Walkers can create fire from their hands, and Shadow Walkers can hide literally inside shadows.

BREED OF INNOCENCE (Breed Chronicles Book One) is a YA set in the future. It's 2060 and Jade Hall has vowed to kill the demons that murdered her family. When a man from a strange agency called the CGE (consortium of genetic engineering) comes and offers to train her to hunt demons, she's more than willing. All she has to do is survive demon hunting school.

This one is part of a large series she has planned.

Next?

Love my Kindle! (and my 2 book clubs) Thanks for this thread! You are inspiring me. For the 6 weeks following D Day, I could not focus on books -- but happy to say, my love of reading is back!

Currently reading 11/22/63 by Stephen King - It's not the scary type of King (which I don't like)

The Night Circus was my first foray into fantasy genre - I REALLY LIKED IT. (also read The Hunger Games trilogy - not great literature - but compelling nonetheless)

Best non- fiction: Unbroken by L. Hillenbrand - Amazing account of survival against all odds.

Can't wait for Follett's next installment in the millennium series - due out Sept/12. Fall of the Giants was the first and I couldn't put it
down.

Leaving for cottage country shortly - 6 books downloaded -a variety. I like Grisham & Baldacci & Patchett also.

The list you provided is great... Amazon here I come - but NO Thanks to 50 Shades of Grey - Not interested.

Thanks again

My post about books went to moderator.... don't know why... Sigh.

Hi, I've recently read all three 50 Shades books...and I did enjoy them, I have to say, but I also read all the Twilights and when watching the Twilight film, I couldn't help thinking that Christian Grey could have been modelled on Edward Cullen...
At the moment I've just started Bared to You by Sylvia Day...a Crossfire novel.
I'd love to read one of your books if that's okay.
Poppy :)

I had the extreme misfortune of parting with most of my library recently (what's the point of keeping them if I can't hold them? I'll just buy a Kindle version if I want to read it again and let the normal folks enjoy my fine hardbacks!).

The one thing I made SURE to keep was my COMPLETE collection of "The Cat Who..." series by Lilian Jackson Braun. I jumped on the series bandwagon pretty late in the game. I read a Reader's Digest Condensed Book of "The Cat Who Said Cheese" sometime in the late 90s. Then I found out there were 17 books before it, and I went on a mission to collect! Braun has died, so the series is now complete (and I swear the last two were incomplete and finished by a ghost writer because, quite frankly, they just suck in comparison to all the others) at 29 novels, plus 3 supplementals by LJB, and other supplementals by fans, such as the Companion Book, two Cook Books, and a Quiz Book (which I just bought and will work my way through soon).

So this summer my goal is to read through the entire series IN ORDER, since I've always read them as I would find them and buy them. It's been fun! So far I'm on the twenty-first book, so I'm 2/3 into the project.

The books are mysteries that center around a man named James Mackintosh Qwilleran (who has a large, luxuriant pepper-and-salt moustache) and his two Siamese cats, KoKo and Yum Yum. Rather than me writing tons about it here, I'll let this page take care of that for me: Cat Who series - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They're not the head-scratching type mysteries, just loads of fun and you'll find you don't even bother to try to solve it, just go along for the ride! It's incredible the community she has created around this man... few authors create such a rich and ever-changing tapestry for their main charaters to reside in. There's always something fun and new as his life circumstances change, and it's amazing the way certain characters are introduced and kept for many novels, rather than just being disposable, and some characters from early in the series show up again much further into the series.

I HIGHLY recommend this series if you enjoy mysteries, cats, literary references, fine food, and well written novels.

Loved The Cat Who series!
I'm rereadingAnn of Green Gables and the rest of the "Anne" books as well as the "prequel"

Let's see, currently reading Jonathan Kellerman's Stalker, and Bad Dog, A Love Story by Martin Kihn. Started reading 50 Shades but couldn't get into it....read all the Twilight books, big Harry Potter fan, and I love thrillers. Also like James Patterson Murder Club series, Dick Francis and Neta Jackson.

I am always reading something because I love to read, I'm not always looking for great meaning but always enjoy great writing! Notme, I'll read yours...woohoo...can I get them on Amazon?

Jen

So did mine....sigh as well

Jen

I read Patty's "Linked", and enjoyed it immensely, and I don't say that about many books... If I don't like the writing, I can't read any further, it just bugs me! I work with writers, both as a secretary years ago, and as a designer now.

Not to digress, but I just saw a gorgeous butterfly on my purple flox, and a bee/wasp chase it away...

Deb, read all 6 of them awhile back! Love them! They went in the garage sale :( We have a new TV network on our lineup called INSP (Inspiration) and they showed all of the Canadian Anne of Green Gables and Ann of Avonlea miniseries a few weeks ago... loved watching it again!

While my son and I were on vacation, I read a Repairman Jack novel. Someone had left the paperback. It was pretty good. I'm going to have to get the first in the series. The one I read was Bloodline. Not really intense like a Dean Koontz novel, but sufficient to peak my interest.

Thanks, Sarah! I'll look for the miniseries!
Jen, I love the Kellermans! Have you read any by his wife Faye or son Jesse?

Jen dick francias is my all time favorite. I like the others you mentioned as well. df books are avaible on kindle now. if you liked the cat who series sarah and deb have u tried anne george, she was an English teacher who started writing after she retired. Unfortunately she has also passed but her southern sisters mysteries are a lot of fun to read.
I also get e-mail updates from pixel of ink, you can pick the genre you like and it sends notices of kindle books that are free to you. There are a lot of other free ebooks on their and I find myself trying many books that I would not read if I had to pay for them. I finish a science fiction book called prospect that was interesting. I also am able to try some paranormal mysteries and some biographies. I find I'm kind of addicted to the free book thing

I'm reading Romeo Dallaire's "They Fight Like Soldiers, They Die Like Children". The title says it all. Tragically a reality in many parts of the world. I'm going to read a book about Aristotle next. Yasmin.

I read all the Kellermans! Ooh, don't forget Diane Mott Davidson and Andrew Greeley...Og Mandino, Ayn Rand...

Jen

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back