Diagnosis
09/2009
Country
US
State
NV
City
Reno
Everyone needs to remember we have No moderators. TrFogey is also gone, and he kept a good eye out for people posing as something they are not. Several new posters remind me of people who were once banned from this site. We do not have access to the IP addrrsses they are using, but I am positive a few Recent members have been here before. Be very careful.

Thank you, Lori. Let us be diligent and not be provoked by such.

Please be very careful as you befriend people and remember some are posers. They take entertainment from being here.

Thanks for the heads up and reminder! I absolutely agree with C.J., there are some sick twists in this world that seem to delight in the plight of others! Sadie, do you know if there are any potential moderators in the future....we've got several on the forum that would do any an amazing job?

I have asked David the same question, and have not heard back. In the meantime, we all need to help keep watch. So proud of everyone respecting Ted's request to no longer post on a certain thread once he "unofficially" closed it. Remember the triangle to report abusive posts or advertising.

How do we know if someone is a "poser"? I'm new at this - and frankly can't believe some people are just on this sight for the heck of it! I must be naive - but that's a pretty sick hobby! Is there anything in particular we should watch out for?

I was thinking the same thing as you Ottawa girl. Over the 6 months I have been here I am so surprised by the ALS wanna bees. I NEVER in my life would think of posing as someone with a terminal disease. Then I remember the mom I saw on tv last year that had given her young daughter drugs to make it seem she had cancer so the mom could get sympathy and MONEY.

ottawa,
Suspicious activity examples:
1. People who ask "Tell me how it started with you".
2. People who claim to have hand pain, tremors and compromised typing yet they type and type and type (including several paragraphs copied from a neurology textbook).
3. People who explain their symptoms like they have been hit by a truck - everything happend at once.
4. People who portray every doctor they have seen as incompetent.
5. The phrase "one more thing"

None of the above are proof, but in my opinion they are red flags.

Last edited:
Thanks,
Always important to keep a mindful eye on things.
We are lucky to have enough people who have a look out for each other here.

We each have enough issues at hand, don't need the wackjobs too!

Cheers,
Casey

Thanks, Lori.
Spot on, Seaside!

Thanks Joe. I'll be on the lookout.

Lori, why don't you ask to be a moderator. You would be fantastic!

Thanks for reminders/heads up!

The notion of ALS wannabes is just effed up beyond belief. It's hard to understand someone being that way.

Lori. You would be a great moderator. Is this something you might consider? Yasmin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back