Diagnosis
05/2011
Country
US
State
Florida
City
Jacksonville Beach
OT, PT. CNA, people delivering equipment, ones demonstrating them, others helping me use the devices, people adjusting the wheelchair, yard man, cleaning lady, hair stylist, friends that want to visit, neighbors bringing food. It never ends.

Now I know I need all these people and I do appreciate them but there has been more people in our home in the past year than the previous thirty that we have lived here.

When do I get to sit on the deck with my husband and enjoy nature like Ms.Pie? Whenever there is a spare moment, my husband has to do the chores and errands I used to do.

I can't even hold and pet my cat because my hands and arms don't work. And I'm so tired of sitting. :evil:

I need some more of Ladyinn's encouraging "can do "list and she is no longer here.

Well, my ALS friends, that's my rant for the day. I promise I'l do better tomorrow when the parade starts again.

Magpuff, I'm sorry...It does get to be a bit much. Just stop the world, I want to get off. I hope you find some peace and nature today!

Jen

So sorry Magpuff.....I know the feeling....still looking for that middle ground myself...seems all or nothing....Hope you find some peace soon dear one.

The quiet, uneventful, visitor free days do get to be a treasure.

Magpuff Im sorry. I understand how you feel. I love the days we can do absolutely nothing but hang around in our pjs.

Magpuff hon, you go right ahead and rant away, I wish we all had time just to relax with our loved ones, just have to take what we can..Hugs

I understand Magpuff. I have been know to tell everyone from the Doc to my friends, "thank you so very much but how about next week?" The ones that really care understand and say "thank you for being honest with me, see you next week". The ones that don't understand, no great loss.

Magpuff....you rant is just like mine. We have had more people in our home the last 3 months than we have the last 10 years. I am learning so say no, which is hard for me. I told everyone this weekend not to come and my husband and I really enjoyed the down time. Today I have OT, CNA and nurse coming, I really appreciate all of them but sure gets tiring. I decided to try and schedule at least 2 days a week for no visitors but usually only end up with one day free. I know how lucky I am to have such wonderful people helping me & of course my friends but like the peace and quiet too.

I feel sorry for my husband as he is doing everything I used to do and also taking care of me. We have our anniversary this week, 46 years so we have truly been blessed to have that many great years.
Leslie

Thanks to my ALS friends that can understand the situation.

I told my CNA this morning.....no breathing device exercises, no ROM's, and no speech machine practice.

We sat outside on the dock for two hours and watched the birds, boats and clouds go by.

She and I both got recharged. Okay, "Lou".....bring it on.

Yay! Magpuff! Sounds like a wonderful day!

Like like like

I'm glad that you got some time for yourself Magpuff. Neat that you have a dock to sit on. I see that you are in Florida. Any crocs poking up their heads?
Laurel

Whooohoo! Glad you took a break!

I am happy you took the break you needed! I so much understand, i'm terrified to get all the people in you mentioned... so rant away please, you're in good company, hiugs 4 you!

We are on a canal just off the Intracoastal Waterway, Laurel. Saltwater so only an occasional "lost" gator. Plenty of shore birds, manatees, otters and fish jumping.

Sometimes makes me sad because this was OUR world. We wee avid birders, nature lovers and tournament fishermen. Both very active and healthy. Hard for each of us to give it up so abruptly before we were ready. Lot of tears were shed.

Trying to make the most of things by taking it "One Day at a Time". Still have my rant days and my ALS friends always see me through. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back