Wedding, Sick Kitty, Possessed Pianos, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaphoon

Extremely helpful member
Reason
DX UMND/PLS
Diagnosis
08/2011
Country
US
State
Missouri
City
Springfield
I've not been around the forum much lately as things have been a bit crazy. A week ago this past Sunday, my youngest daughter phoned asking if I had a suite. When I told her that I indeed did have a suite, she said, "Good! I'm getting married tomorrow at noon!"

It was a beautiful wedding, outdoors on a lovely day down in the hills of the Ozarks at some rustic wedding place. She had been engaged for around 2 months and decided sooner is better than later, I suppose...

I've also had a cast-iron grand piano plate fall on my feet. That did not feel very pleasant. I've named this piano, "The Piano From Hell!" as it has fallen on more feet than just mine. It has been a money pit, to say the least. I am in the process of tearing it down and building it back up. When I'm done, it will have been wholly sanctified and converted.

One of our cats is probably experiencing kidney failure. She is 13 years old and has become listless and hasn't eaten or had anything to drink for about 4 days. She is now at the kitty hospital draining my wallet as I make one last feeble attempt to hydrate her in hopes her liver and kidney function might improve. Dropped $250 as a deposit on her 2 day stay starting tonight. Stupid cat...

I need a dog! A big cat-eating dog! If this cat dies, I still have one more left; a gargantuan heavyweight named Pounce (but he can't pounce very well any longer). My new dog would have a long lasting feast eating him. Well, that's what happens when you have daughters instead of sons. They bring home cats instead of dogs.

Like most of you, I feel crappy on a daily basis and dropping pianos on my feet hasn't helped much (okay, not at all).

I'm still around the neighborhood!

Oooh Kim, missed you my friend. I've lost a cat to kidney failure. They don't get better once they stop eating and drinking and they feel like they have the bad flu from what my vet said. I'm sorry Sweets. Also sorry for your smooshed tootsies! And congratulations to you and to your daughter regarding the nuptials! What a nice surprise I hope! Don't be a stranger Toots! Welcome back!

By the way, as a rule cats live longer than dogs. I have two 18 year old kitty girls. One of them has kidney issues but she's doing pretty well so far. Xoxo

Congrats Kim!
always glad you are here, sorry about the foot and cat. MY 3 lived until 20. Now I have 2 maltese and a yorkie. My cats outweighed them by 10 pounds. :)

Cast iron anything sounds very heavy! Not good!

As for cats, raise them with dogs and although they may scratch the stew out of the dogs, the cats will start behaving like the dogs. I had three that did this. They would go to the door to be let out...no kitty litter...no mess...no smell!

Congrats on the wedding?

A suite. Well, she knows her Pa!

Kim,

I have a proposition for you, I have 3 very aggressive dogs. Any 1 of them could/would you of your feline troubles. 2 dogs are about 100 pounds a piece. 1 is a bull mastiff mix (NOT PIT BULL), the other is a golden receiver mix ( its spelled correctly,he will get the ball and not bring it back). The third is a little smaller at about 75+ pounds. He is a sharpei/lab mix. And probably the most aggressive 1. Now I will ship any one or all including any updated shots they will need or to keep P E T A. Off of our backs, yi will send a crate and traveling expenses money and you can ship your cat here. I believe this must be the 1 I asked what he ate to get so large (that was over a year ago).

The choice is yours, I'm waiting with check in hand.....

The information is very interesting. I like the post. I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!

Kim, how's your kittie?

Kitty update:

The cat's name is Cinder and she is a female of about 13 years of age. The hospital has phoned with updates, keeping abreast of "his" progress. I just half to wonder...

She has made some progress from the fluids the Dr. has been pumping into "him" but she still hasn't eaten anything but is, however, producing urine. The latest blood on "him" has shown marketable improvement. Cinder may be brought home tomorrow morning.

I wanted to ask the doctor if my cat had grown a penis but I refrained.

I updated status of my kitty but it was sent to the moderator because of an anatomy term used (my guess).

I'll be looking for it. Xoxoxo

Hope it gives you a chuckle!

Lol...ehem...sending healthy thoughts Cinder's way. I had a similar experience but in all fairness to the Vet her name was Cat Stevens. I called her Stevens. She used to pee in places other than the litter box. I took her to the Vet and asked him if Stevens had a UTI or something and left for a couple hours while he ran some tests. When I came back he said he gave "him" a shot of estrogen so ""he'd" stop marking "his" terriitory. I couldn't believe it! And she never did stop peeing outside her litter box. I think I used to leave her alone too much and she was acting out. She was pretty smart. I hope Cinder feels better.

Last edited:
Dear Kim, tried not to laugh, but what can I say I am strange, sorry about your foot, the cat, and well congrats on the wedding:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back