Diagnosis
10/2010
Country
US
State
texas
City
houston
Well, today is my birthday and I'm 65. And with ALS trying to put a damper on my day, I think I'll try to do the best I can to leave it on the back burner. This is my first post, so a little bit of background. Live in Houston but have a 60 acre farm in Louisiana that we have had for about 7 years. Looked forward to working the garden and wandering the woods but that now must be done by friends and relatives. Can't walk up stairs, but with help to get on the tractor, was able to spread 40 tons of gravel on the driveway last weekend. Thank the Lord for what I can do! Voice is beginning to drop in intensity; swallowing plugs if I eat a strong pepper; must use the cpap for sleeping. Feet are cold as ice but the ultrasound showed good circulation. Still eating pretty good. But the thing that is so flustrating, is watching my wife try to do the things that I did for so many years- like shampooing the carpet, putting in light bulbs, cleaning the flower beds and a billion other things. Her load is so heavy but not a word of complaint, just words of encouragement. She is an angel. :-D

Happy birthday to you!
You are lucky to have such a wonderful woman by your side!

I second that. Have a Happy, Happy Birthday!

Kimberly

Happy Birthday.
Give love to your wife for us, she`s a keeper!

I`ll have a Birthday drink for you and cheers to you health!

Happy Birthday to you! Sounds like you are very lucky to have such a precious wife, and don't wait so long to post again:)

Happy Birthday! Enjoy your day and every day. My husband would have turned 65 last December. Yasmin.

Happy Birthday! Take today off from ALS as much as that is possible!

Glad you shared with us. Have a wonderful day, and give big hugs to your wife, after all you married her for the special person she is. Come back often.

Happy Birthday happy you found us. Hate you had to find us In the same boat. You should see my husband cooking. Ran me out of house a couple of times from the smoke. Lol. We laugh a lot. CALS have it the hardest. Three cheers to your wife hugs
Felca

Happy Birthday and welcome.

AL.

Happy Birthday! Have a wonderful day! How very special your wife is, Big {{HUGS}} to you both. Welcome to the family.

Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday! You must be a wonderful husband to have such a wonderful wife! Have a great birthday :)

Happy Birthday! Take care!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back