Have you taken chantix before your ALS or bulbar palsy diagnosis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

biffy76

Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
florida
City
Fort Pierce
Have you taken chantix before your ALS or bulbar palsy diagnosis? My mother, Nancy *t34gib here* was taking chantix in late 2007, by late 2008 she was diagnosed with Bulbar palsy, then ALS. we ( and her doctors) think it could have been caused or triggered by the chantix. please reply here if you have any more information to add to this subject, im doing research to see if it is possible, and if it is i want chantix off he market ASAP. Today would have been her 61st birthday, Happy birthday mom!

Wow! Your post really startled me as my sister (age 65) died of ALS (bulbar onset) the week before xmas. She originally presented with stroke-like symptoms, but in Sept. it became clear something else was going on. She became bedridden and began a rapid progression. She had an advance health directive and DNR, so did not take advantage of a feeding tube or respiratory help. Truth be told, she wanted to die and, when hospitalized for a short time, took the opportunity to let go.
She was a long-time smoker and just last year, with the "help" of Chantix, managed to quit.

Do you have any other info about a possible connection?

p.s. I'm so sorry for the loss of your mom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back