Diagnosis
11/2007
Country
uk
State
uk
City
uk
it is such sad news to hear that jimmy savile has died.
many will know him as the ecentric radio dj of the 70's and his tv work.........top of the pops and jim'll fix it.
he also supported many charities and did many marathons.

i know jimmy a tad more personally.
i first met him when i was 20yrs old and 5mths pregnant with my son.
he came out of a bike shop in harehills leeds with his friend who was a heart surgeon,i was with my friend kathy.
his first words to me was "i have better legs than you"lol.
we had a good chat and he said they were just off to lunch and if we would join them,of course we said yes .
we had a great time and theres a funny story to this.............
we are sat there with people coming up to jimmy asking for an autograph .
my friend kathy smoked but only had a bit of change,not enough to buy a full pack.......so she asked a lady at the next table if she could buy one cig of her,well this took the lady by suprise considering who we were having lunch with so she just let her have her pack for nothing.

when jimmy was at his home in leeds which was a flat overlooking leeds park,i got the chance to visit.
i think some people did not believe me,but i described his room with the big white corner leather suite.
some years later his home was shown on a tv program "who's house is it" and it was his with the white leather suite still there.

he asked me and kathy to go to london one weekend but my sons father who also knew jimmy said no...........i dont think he trusted him.

i still have jimmys autograph he gave me,saved it all these years.

jimmy,rest in peace dear friend.

Sorry, Olly. I remember Top of the Pops when I lived in England. It was a real highlight back in the day! He was a lively, interesting fellow!

Sorry about your friend olly.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back