Reason
DX UMND/PLS
Country
NZ
State
NZ
City
NZ
Ok, I am trying to plan a 3 week holiday about Feb/ march, before my husband returns to work after a years sabbatical.
I have traveled extensively, so I am out of ideas.
I know people find amazing places to travel to, and wondered if anyone could share them with me? It doesn't matter what or where. I want it to be marvelous !
I am perfectly fine, but just can't walk up slopes and hills, so maybe trekking in the Andes is out!
Looking forward to ideas
Aly

El Nido on Palawan in the Philippines is fabulous.

AL.

I went a long time ago but Barbados was wonderful and beautiful!

And there's always visiting me in Colorado! Canada is great. Toronto is a beautiful city and I understand that British Columbia is also gorgeous!

How about Sailing around some Tropical Islands...Island hoping...open seas..starry nights....not much walking involved...:)

Do a safari and beach holiday in Kenya and Tanzania. You will see some of the most spectacular landscapes in the world, not to mention the amazing wildlife in the national parks. You can rough it or you can luxuriate in the 5 star quality accommodations anywhere you go. The beaches are beautiful - white, white sand with turquoise water! I was born in Kenya and spent the first 19 years of my life there. We returned several times and just loved it more each time. We were in Kenya twice in 2009 and then went to Tanzania and Zanzibar last year. I too have travelled extensively throughout the world and have yet to find a place as beautiful as Kenya!

Thank you all so much. I had considered looking into philipines and Africa, so now I will hit the Internet.
I was keen on Africa, but when the British tourists were killed last month, I thought it might be a bit dangerous. They were on the coast in Kenya.
Cervus, is it safe, you would be the best to comment having lived there?

My wifer and I just spent 10 days in Ireland, it was great and the people were fantastic.

I was sad to read about the British couple. Apparently they were up close to the Kenya/Somalia border where there are known problems with pirates that demand ransoms, etc. I don't know what to say. While we were there, we felt very safe and trust me, there was a time when we didn't feel that way. If you're on safari, you're with a driver and perhaps another couple (unless you request a private van or land cruiser). When you're at the lodges, etc. it's safe. As you would do if you were to travel to many parts of the world, leave all jewelry behind. Anywhere there is poverty there is a sense of desperation and there is crime. All the hotels have guards, some armed but it's not scary like that. I would say go for it and enjoy. If you want the name of a travel agent there, let me know and I will forward their info. to you. We used them three times - they offer guided tours in Kenya and Tanzania - they'll book all your local flights/hotels/tours/transfers. If you want to spend time at the coast (the southern part) I will let you know where we stayed and you can go from there. We stayed in 5 star accommodation which sometimes can tend to be a bit pricey but definitely worth the money! A trip to these countries will be an adventure you will never forget! Take care. Yasmin

Yasmin, you are so kind. I have always wanted to see Africa. I will take a look into it and talk to my Hubby. Get back to you about the travel agent, we live in new Zealand so I doubt they could help us from Canada, but you never know.
Aly

Aly....the travel agency is in Kenya. Check out Discover Kenya Safaris.

How about a tour of Italy. My parents took a 19 day tour from Milan to Sicily. Loved every minute of it. Tuscany has some wonderful week long cooking schools too.

I LOVED Ireland! Terry Flynn Tours is great if you want some help planning it. They service all over Europe.

Wow. Great Ideas. Ive looked into Elnido in the Phillipines so far. Looks AMAZING AL! I love snorkeling.
Will check out the Kenyan safari company. As for Ireland, well its going to be winter so BRRRRRRRRRR :) Cant leave summer here and go to rainy ireland. I flew from NZ to Dublin for a 1 1/2 day meeting 5 years ago. It was great, but abslotulely Bl......dy freezing .
Only a new Zealander would travel to ireland for 1 1/2 days it took 60 hrs return on a plane! Luckily Biogen was paying and I flew Business class :)

I can get you some real good safari packages or anywhere you would like to go! Have have resources the average person might not have (my new business). But I wouldn't want to break any rules here so just keep me in mind and pm me if your interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back