Diagnosis
11/2005
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Toronto
Sorry if it has been a bit slow getting posts approved lately - I've been away the past couple of weekends with limited access to the internet. I will let you know in this thread when I will be away.

BTW - The following may help explain why some moderated posts get lost.

Before I became a,moderator, I just assumed that moderators received notification when posts were sent to moderation. I also assumed that moderators received a list of posts awaiting moderation.

This is not not the case. Moderators actually need to search for posts awaiting approval.

Whenever a thread contains a moderated post awaiting approval, a small icon appears next to the thread's title. That's it. I then need to click on thread and check the recent posts for another moderator icon to locate the posts awaiting approval.

So every time I sit down at my computer I check the "New Posts" and look for any moderator icons. Problems arise when I click on a thread with a moderator icon and then accidentally navigate away from that page before approving the post. Unless I remembered the section where that thread appears I will have a tough time finding the thread again as it will no longer appear under "New Posts". Then begins the laborious task of searching every section for the post.

So that is why some moderated posts fall through the cracks.

So if your moderated post does not appear after 6 hours please pm me or Al.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Richard

Hi All

I'll be out of town for about a week so moderating might be slower than normal. Sorry.

I'll be able to approve posts but won't be able to type very easily.

And...duh...Al advised that there is an option under user CP showing a list of all the moderated posts.

Sorry I don't have any answers as to why weird things have been happening with posts and messages. My authority is restricted to simply approving posts and deleting spam. I have no administrative powers.

Al - I'll delete this thread when I get back.

Thanks for your patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back