Diagnosis
05/2011
Country
US
State
Florida
City
Jacksonville Beach
Ever wonder why getting a PWC takes so long?

June 8 - Measured for PWC, chose options, color, etc. Was told that I should get a face to face assessment with Dr, Pulley ASAP so it could be ordered.

June 13 - Had the appoint with Dr. Pulley

July 8 - Went to ALS Clinic and picked up copies of latest Dr. reports including assessment.

July 22 - Decided to ask Cindi if she knew anything. She said she did not have the report so I faxed her a copy. When Ted called Barnes Health They amazingly got a copy too.

Needless to say.........if we had not stirred the pot the PWC would still be unordered. It seems to me if Barnes wanted to make a sale they would have followed up with the Dr. on a timely basis. They insisted that I do my part asap. As it is, nothing was done for over 6 weeks to start the process.

Now I have to wait for it to be customized. Another 6 weeks?

So Sorry that you have to deal with all that stuff. Seems we all do. Why? You would think they could make it a little easier for all some how. Hang in there. Hoping you get it sooner by some miracle!..:)

I too am getting the run around for all the documentation, PT need assessment, etc., but they gave me an up to and probably 6 month to to get. geez..:-(

All the more reason to order early before you actually need it, I suppose. Is your longer time frame because you're in the islands? Seems excessive.

Magpuff, I had heard to get things early but that was to hard to accept and now the wait... and yes it must be because I live so far away. I have looked for a powerchair on line to do in the meantime but most do not ship to Hawaii....So I SIT and wait....

Hope your wait is not along one and all things go smoothly..:) ((Hug))

My Rolls Royce Limo arrived yesterday. The control panel (dash board?) allows the back, legs and feet to go up and down from sitting straight to lying flat and anything in-between.

Has the capability of being run by your head, knees or feet if the arms and hands stop working. Speeds up to 5 mph and distance of 20 miles.

Look out world.....Here I come!

Be careful and don't drive on main roads like my husband has! LOL Glad you finally got the luxury vehicle!

Anyone know how many times you have to fall and get hurt before they get a clue that more than a cane/walker is needed? Part of me feels lazy for looking for one for home--but I'm damn tired of falling--because even a relatively minor fall for me causes me a lot of problems. When I'm at a store, it's not a problem because I have a scooter--but it won't work in my apt, it's to small.

I fell yesterday or the day before, can't remember which--and am hurting a lot in my back and the leg I landed on. Mine is my left foot causing it, I can tell by all the scuffs on my left shoe. I was trying to teach today--and my daughter had to take over because I couldn't move anymore.

I keep thinking I should continue to keep walking--but I'm seriously afraid I'm going to hurt myself. I think my doctor would fill out whatever paperwork because falls are so dangerous with my other health stuff--but medicare pays for ONE--and I'm not ready for a fancy top of the line model.

I think part of the reason it takes so long is that everyone has to document to the nth degree to approve anything. I got a manual one to send to someone here--but she got one the same day. And I can't use it here--my carpet is too thick or my arms are too weak, not sure which.

I'm searching CL, but nothing I've seen of late is in my price range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back