Diagnosis
08/2011
Country
US
State
Fl
City
Orlando
If you are in fl, the last shuttle goes up today. For some reason, this has me very sad.

Weird isn't it. We've grown up with the Space program. I remember the fear my parents had when Sputnick went up. Remember that?

They are working on a follow up to the "Apollo" series of space exploration--called "Constellation". Every President has the program in his hands, and NASA reports directly to him. That said, money is worse than hard to find...

We we're on the Disney Dream this past Feb and I have video of the shuttle from the deck at Port Canaveral. It was magnificent! I'll try to get my 11 year old to post it since I don't have a clue how to.

They have lift off! Looking forward to your video Susan!

Not Me,
I grew up outside Orlando and my father worked at the Cape in those early days as a crane operator. When NASA would have the count down, we would run out the door to watch the vapor trail. It was all very exciting. I understand your sadness. It's the end of an era and we don't like endings - especially sad ones.

I am very sad with the end of the space shuttle program as well. This is what my first dream was... 'to be an astronaut' . I seriously considered it from 4 years old....until I was a senior in High School and then realized that the program had been on a decline since the explosion of Challenger. I always wondered if life would still lead me to someday walk in space...but that has not been my calling. I tell you though..whenever God calls me home..I will 'fly' often :)

I remember the night that Neil armstrong was to walk on the moon. It was getting late I thought I was going to have to go to bed so I asked my Dad if I could stay up because I had never seen a man walk on the moon. He never laughed so hard, He said you havent well this will be a first for you.

I remember that! I was 9 and I remember my mom crying. She was so happy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back