Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
WI
City
Beaver Dam
Hi Friends- just had to share this...

I recently got in contact with an old school friend of mine. The last time we were chatting, I was telling him about my PALS. It turns out that an old boxing friend of his has it too...

I was telling him how difficult it is trying to have a "normal" relationship with this disease in full force and giving him some examples of the crap PALS go through. He then stated he really didnt know that much about the disease. I proceeded to tell him that that is the problem- most people dont really know what this disease is all about. They just know the name "Lou Gehrig" and thats about it.

I explained to him that there are people out there that truely believe there are treatments and a possible cure, but there is a severe lack of funding for research. And because so much money is needed for research, not much of the available money is used on PSA's to raise more awareness... and so the cycle continues.

There was a pause in the conversation- my friend then says "You know..., I was going to have a benefit for Breast Cancer Awareness, but I think I'd rather do it for ALS."

So, my friend, who is on his way to the Olympics for boxing, who trains cage fighters, and who is supposidly the next "golden boy", will be talking with all "his people", and is going to get this thing set up!

I cried I was so overjoyed and thankful! Its really amazing when someone you totally dont expect to step up, totally does, and goes way above and beyond.

As soon as I know more, I will update.

that is so great

Wow, Liz. Totally warms my heart :)

I have been thinking about something like this every since this started for me. This is great.

Thats brill hope its a massive event, that opens lots of eyes. xxx Ang

WoW that is fantastic!

This is what we need for sure,we need 100 million guys and gals like this.

Speaking of stepping up...you did that Liz! You shared and had a huge affect on your friend. This reminds me that I should speak more about this in hopes of a cure! So that no one has to go thru what we are going thru! Good for you!

Wow, this gives me goose bumps! Thanks for being ours Liz and please thank your wonderful friend for me will ya? Can you tell us his name so we can watch for him?

Hi Liz remember that time I was teasing you? I'm really very sorry I didnt know you ran around with cage fighters and olympic boxers! lol That is great news. Great Job!

thanks for the replies everybody. Im so pumped for this and i hope it works out. this disease tends to make us all feel so dang helpless and even though i give my all to my PALS everyday, and I try really hard to give so much here- I still dont feel like Im DOING anything to help get rid of this thing. Ive never done anything like this so it will be a learning experience!

And Michael- you'd better watch your back... youre darn right I run around with fighters! Thats just how I roll.... LOL! :)

Liz our little spitfire! You go girl!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back