Diagnosis
07/2007
Country
US
State
Maryland
City
Eastern Shore
To all you men--You are likely a Dad to someone, whether a child of your own or a fatherly help to someone else. Happy Father's Day to you!

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day all you Dad Dudes and as Ann has so eloquently said, to all you mentors, brothers, good guys and caregivers. Thank you for all you do!

Happy Fathers day to all of our pals and cals: It is also Trinity Sunday and I want to share a memory of my dad, who is now in Heaven.

I was about 8 years old and I stood in the doorway of our kitchen and i saw my dad talking, to himself, or so I thought. Around the kitchen table he had 3 chairs, besides the one he was sitting in. I was very quiet so as not to disturb his conversation. He was talking to each chair, as if 3 persons were sitting there. Then my dad realize I was standing in the doorway. He invited me to come sit on his lap, which I did joyfully. I asked him who he was talking to and he replied: "I'm having breakfast with the Holy Trinity: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, as I am trying to figure out something important for our family."

This memory stuck with me all my life, that my Dad had such an intimate relationship with God he felt very comfortable having breakfast with Him! lol
((HUGS)) to all our Dads, living and in Eternity. Anybody else have a memory to share?

Oh Sequoia, that is a lovely memory of your Father. Happy Father's day to you too.
Love,
Marta

Last edited:
Thank to you all! There is a young child next door only 2 years old. The poor kid has a mother who is on drugs. Hence the reason why he lives next door (with our niece, who's adopted him). He comes up to visit with me, and I can only hope in some small way that my love and prayers for him shines through and he feels the love, that he was not given by his birth mother and father (unknown). I wish I could do more with him and perhaps when I get my motorized wheelchair, I can!

I as well wish the other dads a happy fathers day.

My father and I have just in the last few years rekindled a relationship that was severed early, by an angry and immature son (me). My favorite memory would have to be when I broke my leg as an 8 year old. He is an retired radiologist, he swooped me into the car and took me to his hospital. Introduced me the xray tech and instead of letting her take the xrays, he did it himself. He also put the cast on my leg and truly showed his love for me. I also remember him, being a caring man always giving his time and money to those less fortunate then him. Giving as if it were Christmas year around. He is now 76 years old and coming to visit next week, I have a special gift prepared for him and hope he realizes that although I was a rebel as a child and young man. I truly love and appreciate him and can only hope a small of him shines on threw me.

Happy Father's Day. I like Ann's way of putting it!

My dad was strict military and treated my brother and I like we were troops. I remember the only vacation we got to go on when we were stateside was to the Ozarks! (The other "vacations" were to my grandparents in Alabama to pick peas and beans!) I was 11 years old. We went fishing on the lake and caught about 30 fish. They were strung on a line and I had the honor of pulling it out to bring in to show mom. Well, the rope slipped and the fish sank. My dad immediately dove in to try and retrieve the line. It was too late. The turtles had a feast. I was so scared my dad was gonna whup the tar out of me. But, instead, he said, "We'll catch some more tomorrow." That always stuck with me, well, until I reached those horrible teen years! LOL :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back