Diagnosis
08/2011
Country
US
State
Missouri
City
Springfield
I received a phone call yesterday, just as I was sitting down to eat dinner. The lad wanted to know if I was home because he had something he wanted to discuss with me. Some of you may have figured out where this is going...

I happened to already have some visitors in the form of my eldest daughter and my 2 very cute grandsons. Anyway, I finished eating just in time to see him pull in the driveway in his very clean, highly polished pick-up (with a sound system that can shake the wheels off of the frame - not employed in my driveway, of course).

It took him a while but he finally figured out a way to get me out of the room. He (Matt) asked if he could see the pianos I was working on in the garage. Such a clever lad! It still took him a while to get to the heart of the matter on his mind but he finally mustered the courage to ask for my daughter's hand in marriage. I must confess I was really enjoying the battle he was having in making his way to the question.

Matt is a fireman (how about that, Al?) and a young man with a good work ethic. What could I do but give him what he asked for? I punched him in the nose (no I didn't, I gave him my blessing).

No date has been set that I know of and I am in hopes the event will be at least a year or 2 away. I need some time to put a few bucks aside for this kind of event.

CONGRATULATIONS.....to the happy couple.........even more grandkids to look forward to kim.

I'm very happy your daughter has found a good man whom you like and approve of. Congratulations to your family--and as Caroline says, hope you will gain more grandchildren one day to add to the boys.

There ought to be a special punishment for dads like you who torture the object of his daughter's affection like that!:razz:

He sounds like a great guy! It is nice to know that young people still seek the permissions of the parents.

Great story. Congratulations!

What a great story. My husband asked my Dad for my hand and I know it made everything so perfect. Best wishes to all!

Congratulations!

If you're happy - we're happy.

Might have been a good time to clean out your shot gun while he was getting up the nerve to ask you.

ok rcharlton , your as evil as me lol i would of enjoyed watching something like that lol

At least he is respectful...yay!

Just catching up with your news. Congratulations.

Zaphoon..that is wonderful news congrats!

I also wanted to tell you that both my boys started taking piano about 6 months ago age 7 and 9...they love love love it. However we have been listening to their non stop playing on an piano that is ancient and not tuned. Please send me some earplugs. Anyways, date set to have it tuned. Anything I should know or ask the tuner. Thanks for your advice.
Kelly

Kelly,

It's great to hear your sons love learning piano! I'm sending the rest of my reply regarding your tuning appointment via pm.

Kim

Cool, Kim! Guys still do that? I'm very impressed. Good luck to your daughter! I hope you told him you would have your eyes on him (uses finger/hand motions)! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back