Diagnosis
10/2000
Country
CA
State
NL
City
Newfoundland
So last night we went to see our local Tucson Padres play the Albuquerque Isotopes. It was a perfect night with temps in the low 80s and when field action was slow, we watched the nighthawks dogfight with the moths who were attracted to the stadium lights. The game was opened by a rep of the MDA and a PALS in a wheelchair with a bi-pap. The occasion was to recognize ALS Awareness Month. The PALS, diagnosed in 1998, threw the first pitch and it was ruled a strike.

The relaxed mood that ball games instill is perfect for contemplating the vagaries of the human condition. As I watched a lanky Batboy fetch an errant bat, I wondered, does a Batboy aspire to grow up to be a Batman.

Last edited:
John, you do have such interesting posts... Did you by any chance watch a movie about Batman's childhood/beginnings--Batman Begins (or some similar title)? Phil watched it--and admitted to it, lol. As he described the story and how the plot was inconsistent, it sounded to me like a perfect Forum Follies. (Batboy was terrified of bats).

No Ann, I haven't seen Batman Begins but I confess to watching the sequel, The Dark Knight. My excuse is a young man staying with us had a Blu-ray DVD of it and offered it to us. We popped it in one night and were both surprised to find it engrossing and entertaining. I'll watch the new one coming out next year.

John, no excuse required. Now that Netflix is such a large part of my life I've watched many movies, going into odd realms that earlier I'd never have experimented with. I've seen a lot of madness in the past week. I think Batman would be a healthier alternative!

I must say, I've never contemplated the "batboy - batman" issue. How it does stir the mind, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back