Diagnosis
11/2010
Country
US
State
CALIFORNIA
City
san diego
Hey all. I just got home from a camping trip in the desert. I'm a desert rat. I love offroading and hanging out with friends in the california desert. Although im in a power chair and cant talk to well i decited to go out this weekend to plaster city and camp with friends and family. it was a bit of a strugle at time for people to understand me they all were cool with it and i was too . not sure how many times i got stuck in the dirt but its ok i got a yank or pull from one of the group to free me up. i know it was hard for them all to see me like i am and as soon as we all adjusted to the new me around the camp site things felt normal. at times over the weekend I almost forgot i was sick. I'VE been into the desert offroading for many of years and although i had to be lifted and placed in to the buggy or camper i had the time of my life. I realized if i have the will there will be a way to still do what i love, live life with no regreats. ALS is a just an obstical in my life, just one of thoes things im learning to work around. and its not hard if you learn to accept it for what it is, its time to plan we all know where the road is going just not sure how fast we we travel it. so we really can plan things out so to speak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back