New Workout for Caregivers! (move over Jane Fonda)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mare

Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
PA
City
Lafayette Hill
OK, ladies! Spring is right around the corner & you know what that means- the end of sweats with elastic waistbands (whoever invented elastic was a genius), no more layers of baggy t-shirts & "hoodies"; not to mention the return of shorts, sleeveless tops & the dreaded bathing suit! :shock:

The formula is simple- "eat less, move more". (yeah, right! :roll:)

In an effort to move more, I've come up with a plan. :idea: It's easy, you don't have to pay the expensive gym fees & it can be done in the privacy of your home. (however, your home needs to be a 2-story or at least a split-level. Otherwise, it could be expensive to buy a new home!;-))

My husband drinks a lot...:confused:... let me re-phrase that. He drinks a lot of water. And you know what goes in must come out. So I spend a lot of time filling one bottle & emptying another. :p I mean 10+ times for one bottle! (that's a lot of pee!)

Since we have a powder room on the 1st floor, I usually empty the "out bottle" there.
(and, he can use it 2 or 3 times before it really needs to be emptied, can't he? :-o)
So, I thought if I empty it EVERY time he goes AND do the said emptying upstairs, which means I then have to come back downstairs- well that's like having your own Stairmaster! :grin: I'm bound to lose a few lbs., right? :smile:

I just started this week; I'll keep you posted. I don't know if I've lost anything yet, but my knees are killing me. :shock:

As for the "eat less" part of the equation- I'm still thinking about that. I'm going to see how this works first. I like to eat! ;-)

Go for it Mare. Talk about seeing the positive in a negative situation! I agree that the not eating part of losing weight is just no fun at all, but emptying urine down the toilet, now thats fun.
:)
Aly

Hahaha, Aly. It's great to see you "working" with Marianne.

I'm laughing so hard! You girl's always have a way to find the bright side of things. :)

Marianne I love your positive attitude! I looked at your renovation pictures too...very nice

Marianne, good thing for you that Jim is so full of piss and vinegar! :-D

Because we have our business downstairs in our home and because I was the GIS (geographic information system or computer mapping) technician and bookkeeper for our consulting company I am always being consulted and Beth spends all day going up and down the stairs to ask me "what the hell did you do?" or "how do we do this?". Consulting from my bedroom, who'da thunk my career would end up this way?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back