Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
WI
City
Beaver Dam
Ive been wanting to get a tattoo for my PALS. (Im slightly addicted to ink, got 8 already. Wait, 9...)
Here's the thing though- what in the heck do I get?
ALS brought us together, but I dont and he doesnt want that to define him, so i dont mind having a little something to do with it in there, but dont want that to be the focus.
Some folks have suggested getting something that he really enjoyed doing, like fishing, or hunting, or cars.
But that stuff doesnt really pertain to me, since he had to give those all up a long time ago.
So, my question is, what do i get? There is alot of love, respect, and admiration in our relationship. He is my hero and think the best of him- like no other.
How does one portray that in ink?
What would you get for your PALS?

Any artsy-fartsy folks out there?

Get something to show his strength, or courage, maybe with small initials...Bruce got my name put on his arm right after we were married..Looks nice, one day someone ask him why he did that, what if we were to split up or something, his response was if something happened between us he would just have sucks tatooed in under my name..lol

Thats cute, Joni. Thanks for the response. Do you have any ideas or examples of something that would show strength or courage? Ive thought of this myself, but cant seem to think of an actual object/picture.

Thanks, Sadiemae. Not on Facebook though. Will look into the meanings of swallows.

Come on friends! Id really like your input.
Does anyone have a symbol or picture that has great meaning to them... one of courage and strength.
Or something that just inspires you?
Anything?

A pair of hands clasped together? One feminine and one male. An eagle with Tweetie Bird cuddled up beside him <LOL>. I'm not very creative Liz.
Laurel

I have no suggestions for you. Just thought I'd tell you what I got when I was 59 (now almost 63) I had always wanted a tattoo... don't
understand why. I lived my life in the church and they surely disapproved... but when I gained my indepentance from an abusive husband, and married again.... I went and got what I wanted. I love my tattoo of a black cat on its hind legs with tail balanced out behind... pawing
at a butterfly in the air. The butterfly has sparkles around it to show it is in motion. The cat is realistic and beautiful... a replica of one that
we had that got killed. This tattoo is just under my left collarbone, just above my breast. The same day I got a spider on the
top of my left foot. It represents my fears (although I don't fear spiders) The cat represents my hopes... and my reaching for something I
may never attain (represented by the butterfly) I have not one minute regreted getting the tattoos. When I wear a scoop neck, you can
see the butterfly only. If I wear a deeper neckline you can see the cat's head and paw. In a bathing suit you see most all of the cat.
....Someday when I am in a nursing home, I believe I will get special attention because everyone will want to see and talk about my tattoos.
I won't be forgotten.

these are great! Thank you so much!

Hi Liz,
I don't have any tats but when I think of my pals I think of such courage and continuing fight. That makes me think of a Phoenix. Somewhere in my foggy memory I remember a story of them rising from the ashes - each death bringing forth a new life. Also coming to me now is a peacock, in some places they are symbols of everlasting life. On the other hand, what about something you decide together and that symbolises your love - love which als cannot take away.

Looking forward to hearing what you go for xx

This probly doesn't pertain to you but my son (18 and I took him to get it .....bad dad lol) just got a bad a.. tat go to g..ogle and put in praying cowboy. Yes we are country people, I guess you could say cowboys. Well.... were. lol

Nothing wrong with country people...lol I'm one too.

Hi Liz- I went to Google images and typed in strength and a chinese symbol is there...which is kind of cool and mysterious...and everyone would ask..what does that symbol represent? Amazing strength is something you both have together.

I'm wanting to do the same thing but here is my thought. There will be 3, possibly 4, of us including my PALS. I'm trying to come up with a song lyric that can be split up between us, but each one make sense on its own. Like:

Cause I've got a peaceful easy feeling
And I know you won't let me down
Cause I'm already standing
On the ground.

That's not the song....just an example. Haven't come up with the perfect one yet!
As a full group, we will be a "complete" lyric, but we can stand alone, too.
Make sense?

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back